What tune or software gets flashed when going back to stock?

Augenauf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I'd like to elaborate on these a bit as they didn't fully make sense to me until I went through the flashing process on my KTuner, and this is the first thread that pops up in a google search for 'flashing back to stock'.

When you first hook up your KTuner and get everything going, one of the first things you are asked is if you want to lock your KTuner to your ECU. When you say yes it uploads your current ECU programming from your vehicle into your KTuner and saves it as your factory stock tune (you'll see this process go on for a couple of minutes when it says 'uploading' on a V1.2, likely similar on v2). Once completed you can tune all you like.

Come dealership time, you're going to want to revert back to stock first, and then unlock your KTuner from your ECU. When you get your car back, if the dealership did an ECU upgrade of any sort you will download it as your new factory stock tune when you lock your KTuner to your ECU again. Then you are once again ready to flash your aftermarket tunes into your ECU until the next dealership trip. Wash, rinse, repeat :)
That's weird because I bought my Si with a mystery tune already flashed on it. Previous owner confirmed it. I bought a ktuner unit just to flash it back to stock. Ktuner themselves told me the factory flash would be supplied by them. The first thing I did when I got the unit up and running was restore the factory tune and that was it. No more 19.5 psi boost and no more emissions system warning (related to the tune).
Sponsored