Krylar

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Looking at getting my first part in the next month for my 2020 Si. Originally i was thinking TSP Stage One, however ive seen quite a few people recommend an intercooler instead to help heat soak, i live in SC, or of course always an intake for more engine noise. I did not include brands in the poll as that isn't really the question I'm asking as i already have my ideas for brands.

Car is my daily, and i spend most of the time driving either in medium traffic, or, at night after work in no traffic. If that matters to anyone...
Sponsored

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Intercooler if you are hammering it hard but for me, intercooler after tuner.

OP
OP
Krylar

Krylar

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Intercooler if you are hammering it hard but for me, intercooler after tuner.
Yeah i normally dont drive too crazy, traffic here can be rough so majority of the time its just casual driving with occasional, fun.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
For your first mod, I feel that it is a toss up between a tune and a stronger Rear Motor Mount. They will change the feel the car as well as performance. After that consider an intercooler.

A stronger RMM will not only improve the clutch feel and improve shifting, it will also increase the sound of your engine on the inside of your car, without increasing noise on the outside. So you get two improvements for one purchase.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Krylar

Krylar

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
For your first mod, I feel that it is a toss up between a tune and a stronger Rear Motor Mount. They will change the feel the car as well as performance. After that consider an intercooler.

A stronger RMM will not only improve the clutch feel and improve shifting, it will also increase the sound of your engine on the inside of your car, without increasing noise on the outside. So you get two improvements for one purchase.
I the RMM would be the hardest for me to do cause i don't have a jack or lift, I've looked into the RMM but my biggest concern is how much extra vibration is transferred to the cabin. Since i drive the car everyday, and occasionally take a 500mi road trip to see family, with my wife and kid so i wouldn't wan't it too be too rough. I did a RMM back when i had a GTI that was a little rough but i was also going for more aggressive suspension then haha.

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
The mods on my 2020 Si in order:

1) Michelin PS4S summer tires - I got these 2 months after buying he car and the first day it was consistently over 60 degrees here in Atlanta; the stock all seasons are terrbile

2) Xpel Prime Plus window tint and detailing/paint protection film

3) I ordered the PRL intercooler with charge pipes that should ship on the 12th. For me, keep the air cool was a priority as it gets super hot here during the Summer and I plan to go to the Tail of the Dragon again with some friends in a couple of months.

4) My Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar and Accord aluminum end links should be here this week.

5) My last mods with be TSP Stage 1 with a catted down pipe.

I feel after this, it's the ideal daily driver without going way overboard like I did with my last few cars.

OP
OP
Krylar

Krylar

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The mods on my 2020 Si in order:

1) Michelin PS4S summer tires - I got these 2 months after buying he car and the first day it was consistently over 60 degrees here in Atlanta; the stock all seasons are terrbile

2) Xpel Prime Plus window tint and detailing/paint protection film

3) I ordered the PRL intercooler with charge pipes that should ship on the 12th. For me, keep the air cool was a priority as it gets super hot here during the Summer and I plan to go to the Tail of the Dragon again with some friends in a couple of months.

4) My Whiteline 22mm rear sway bar and Accord aluminum end links should be here this week.

5) My last mods with be TSP Stage 1 with a catted down pipe.

I feel after this, it's the ideal daily driver without going way overboard like I did with my last few cars.
Yeah i have planned out to do the normal, intake, tune, MAYBE a catback if i find one that sounds decent that isn't loud, but maybe not. And then suspension/wheels/tires. I'm not trying to break any records, or go crazy. plus i don't plan on buying a new car anytime soon! (hopefully, its a horrible addiction). I've driven a 300whp FWD car and it was rough, but it didn't have an LSD like the Si or R, so i'm sure they handle it better but that would probably be the most hp i would ever aim for but i only have 93 where i live. I'm not too terribly far from you so that why heat is a concern of mine as well. Tint is definitely on my list of mods i want soon.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
I love my torque solutions BOV plate! I too live in SC previously from NY. The high heat in this state leads to higher temperature internally which brings on more boost. More boost equals more pppppsssssstttttttttt. Fantastic !!! Honestly a good opportunity to truly enjoy your car. I have had mine fully functional since July of last year. No issues and no problems. No back fire no stumble shifts. Combined with a full muffler delete... Very happy.

10thgenamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen 2019 civic si
Country flag
I love my torque solutions BOV plate! I too live in SC previously from NY. The high heat in this state leads to higher temperature internally which brings on more boost. More boost equals more pppppsssssstttttttttt. Fantastic !!! Honestly a good opportunity to truly enjoy your car. I have had mine fully functional since July of last year. No issues and no problems. No back fire no stumble shifts. Combined with a full muffler delete... Very happy.
I bought my torque solutions bov but I never actually put it on after hearing that it is terrible for the car on the long run and makes the car run rich without being able to fix that issue with a tune. Have you had any issues since you put the bov on?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
No issues at all ... Long term it may shorten the life of the cat converter. In SC ... Eh ... It honestly is my favorite mod ... I hesitated for about two months as well ... Got nervous ... Then said to myself ... I have the piece! Let's do it. Installed in less than a half hour. Under even a modest load of boost ... It's like they say ... LOUD enough to scare bicycle riders and people on the side walk all day long.

Dan-O

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I picked intake because it's a fun first mod, but doesn't have a lot of baggage. easy install. more noise. good times.
If you're planning on doing the tuner I would just get the intercooler around the same time because the higher power will warrant better cooling. If you're not going to tune soon, just get the intake. youll get more enjoyment daily driving with some swooshes since it doesn't take much to get spool noise, whereas with higher power or an IC you need to wring the car out or have a place to step on it to feel the performance gains.

and before anyone thinks im saying the intake is better, im not. its obviously the less gain out of all the options, but i just think its a good first mod.
Sponsored