First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So in a few days I am going to be moving in to my dorm, and I chose not to bring the car. I probably wouldn't be using it all the much anyways, so it would be a waste of money for the limited on-campus parking. I am still interested in modding it for when I go home. Should I wait off on doing so for when I will have more time for the car, or should I go ahead and do it. The mods I was looking at specifically were handling kits; I currently feel like my car is a little bare so a little something to actually call a performance mod would be a great addition. Just looking for opinions or advice
Sponsored

Last edited:

Erin Tyres

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T
Country flag
My advice would be to not make the mods until you have time to fiddle with them and enjoy them.

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
If you're not going to be driving the car on a regular basis I would hold off and save the money until the car is part of your regular life again.

Different people handle college differently and it can be easy to lose focus on studies if there are a ton of distractions. I only used my car for driving home on the occasional weekend my freshman year. I spent time modifying it at friends' houses or the dorm parking lots and honestly I can't say it was time well spent, I missed out on a lot of time doing normal college things. College drags while you're in it but when you get to the end it feels like it all happened super fast, so enjoy the time while you're there.

emmazimmerman

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX 2021
Country flag
If you don't plan to use your car much while in college and parking is limited, then leaving your car at home may be a smart decision. This will allow you to save on parking and fuel.

Car

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
The best kind of car to have while at college is a beater car, not something youā€™re going to spend a ton of time/money on. If you donā€™t have a beater car i echo the advise of others here and say sell it while the market is high

Trumanko

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Country flag
So in a few days I am going to be moving in to my dorm, and I chose not to bring the car. I probably wouldn't be using it all the much anyways, so it would be a waste of money for the limited on-campus parking. I am still interested in modding it for when I go home. Should I wait off on doing so for when I will have more time for the car, or should I go ahead and do it. The mods I was looking at specifically were handling kits; I currently feel like my car is a little bare so a little something to actually call a performance mod would be a great addition. Just looking for opinions or advice
If you have an interest in modifications and performance improvements, this could be a wonderful hobby. However, please note that modifications can be costly and will require both financial and time resources. I studied abroad and I didnā€™t have time to take care of the car. I remember that I once found help for Kuwait students, I used https://assignmentbro.com/kw/ for this. I didn't think about anything else other than studying. So it's best to leave the car at home for now. Then, over time, decide what to do.
Live in college without a car for the first time and you will understand whether you even need one there.
Sponsored

Last edited: