What to do when dealer wont acknowledge the issue with your car.

staged84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic touring
Country flag
What title says.

I have start grinding noice and rattle coming from under the dash near drivers side windshield. I brought it to the dealership and showed the video recording of rattle and grinding. fast forward 5 hours they wont do anything because they cant replicate in their shop. Is there someone i can reach at honda to help me resolve these issues? This typical dealer bullshit is really annoying.
Sponsored

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
take it to another dealer
I agree. If they can't repeat it they won't fix it or they're not supposed too. I have the noise too but I can't even repeat mine. Can you repeat yours?
My civic has made the warm start up noise 4 times since the TSB was released and the dealer where I purchased the car from is performing the TSB on Monday. The ticket states they were able to replicate the noise. I highly doubt they replicated the noise and that they just took my word bc they know I'm a good customer who has bought many cars from them in the past and I don't complain about rattles on my civic.

Try the dealer you have the best relationship and they may cut you slack. Best of luck!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Way I see it is dealers are good from the top down. If the owners have integrity, work ethic, and strong morals, it will show throughout the people hired. Not many dealers are like this. The few that are, treasure them.

Kira

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Make sure it's driven for awhile, let the car sit for at least 2-3 hrs if temps are above 50F. If it is below freezing you might have a shorter sit time before hearing the noise. That is what I've noticed for my car.
Sponsored