What to do next to 4 door civic si

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All the talk about the boombah BOV makes me wonder why they they released the product. There's some serious flawed planning right there
Sponsored

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
All the talk about the boombah BOV makes me wonder why they they released the product. There's some serious flawed planning right there
Because it is cheap to develop and there is a market for it. Tons of people don’t care if it makes their car run rich if it means that can get that sweet BOV sound and play fast and furious in the streets.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/boomba-bov.16827/

I’m not sure if everyone realizes but using a VTA BOV after the MAF sensor on ANY car will make it run rich. There have been plenty of people having this discussion since the dawn of internet car forums!

Last edited:

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because it is cheap to develop and there is a market for it. Tons of people don’t care if it makes their car run rich if it means that can get that sweet BOV sound and play fast and furious in the streets.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/boomba-bov.16827/

I’m not sure if everyone realizes but using a VTA BOV after the MAF sensor on ANY car will make it run rich. There have been plenty of people having this discussion since the dawn of internet car forums!
Is there any actual perk to the BOV or does the current Bypass work better? I have no intention on going pshhh because of the Boombah debate, but I'm curious

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Is there any actual perk to the BOV or does the current Bypass work better? I have no intention on going pshhh because of the Boombah debate, but I'm curious
I’m not a mechanic or engineer but AFAIK our stock BPV is able to hold the boost of even the most aggressive tunes at the moment. Using a BOV or changing the amount of air passing through the intake after it was metered will not have any positive effects.

Running a BOV can be done if you convert from MAF to speed density but I don’t believe there are any kits being worked on for our platform.

http://www.revvedmag.com/engine-tec...ing-the-maf-vs-speed-density-metering-choice/

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I smoked them myself little vht nightshade and clearcoat
I just got done doing this exact thing on the same car lol I’m gonna vinyl tint the clear reverse light area.

TheAsianNguyen

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I like to hear the cold air intake go PSHHHH when I let off the throttle from high boost.
At least, that's my "BOV"

OP
OP
Derek2525

Derek2525

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
PRL Cobra CAI and some ktuner from the vit viper site
oh and stickers, lots and lots of stickers

I got the smoked side markers myself today, looking forward to putting it in tomorrow
Here is one sticker

Honda Civic 10th gen What to do next to 4 door civic si C468588F-28CD-4982-8398-B9E2830361CD
Sponsored