What to buy 2019 Civic Sport Touring or 2019 Honda Accord 1.5 Touring?

What to buy ?

• 2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatch

Votes: 35 67.3%
  • 2019 Honda Accord 1.5 Touring

Votes: 17 32.7%

• Total voters

R-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Touring
Country flag
Hi guys,
Could you give me your thoughts on What to buy 2019 Civic Sport Touring or 2019 Honda Accord 1.5 Touring?

Thanks
Sponsored

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I chose the Hatch if I had to choose between the two. I am sure both are great. For me specifically I could not justify the additional cost for the touring models. At that price range and my needs I would probably be looking at other cars if you're buying new.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Please just go test drive them. Two very different cars. Knowing nothing about the type of car you want or need makes it even harder.. Do you need the flexibilty of the hatch? Do you want a larger interior compartment? Is there a significant cost difference that is an issue?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Yeah I agree, Accord is probably more comfortable, better tech/infotainment, and just overall better if you frequently use the back seat and comfort is your priority. Civic is on the sportier side but is still immensely practical with the hatch. Infotainment is not nearly as good also, but it is overall a more fun to drive vehicle. Depends what you value most.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I don’t know how you come on a civic site and expect people to say accord...when I brought my caR, I had a few choices and one for them was the accord. But ultimately, the accord looks like a boat. I appreciate the room, more refinement, and I have nothing against the accord having owned a 2008, but the hatchback is totally large enough for me. And also, the touring accord is significantly more expensive than a civic touring.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
Please just go test drive them. Two very different cars. Knowing nothing about the type of car you want or need makes it even harder.. Do you need the flexibilty of the hatch? Do you want a larger interior compartment? Is there a significant cost difference that is an issue?
^This, when I was car shopping I have locked eyes on the hatch sport (Canadian). but I really wanted leather armrest so it would forces me to go to the sport touring model, which is about $38000 CAD with tax included. at that price range I could just get the accord sport as well but that's when I realize if I was gonna drop this much money then why am I looking at Civics? Anyhow at the end of the day I went home with the sedan sport due to a really good promotion back in February.

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Maybe consider the 2019 insight. Excellent MPG, uses the same Civic platform, looks better than the two and most of all, no oil dilution and no carbon buildup as it uses port injection for its gas engine

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
The 1.5 touring isn’t in production anymore so I guess you mean a 2018 version

The accord has a few things the civic doesn’t have like a head up display, ventilated seats, and a smoother and faster infotainment system.

But for me it’s about the driving and I’d pick the civic. Especially since you’re thinking of a 1.5T and not a 2.0T Accord. Besides that, I just love the smaller feel of the civic.
The accord has a ton of rear leg room, though. If that’s important for you.

Joamss

Vietnamese Civic owner
First Name
Khoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport touring
Country flag
I used to be in your situation so i feel you man. Stop by Honda dealership and see the 19' accord 2.0T has nice "fastback" look, the interior much more nicer without shift knob, etc... but i ended up buying a civic.
Imo, do tons of research and find out what is your purpose on buying a car. For me, i choose the Civic hatch cause its an affordable car, sporttier, better mpg (i guess), lives in Nebraska so the winter sometimes cold freak but loving the centered exhaust look so the Sport Touring is perfect with heated seat and built-in remote starter.
Yes, ask yourself what do you want from a car? Roomy or Sporty?

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2.0T Sport.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Don't get the 1.5. get the 2.0T Accord.

mks

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TLX
Country flag
Yes, 2.0 is fantastic. i have TLX AWD, went and test drove the 2.0. but in the end i think i like my V6