OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I got my '21 at MSRP...and they gave me all but $400 of what I paid for the '19 Si that I traded in, so I don't think they 'got me' on the trade.... Best deal I've ever done.
Cool! Don't digress to an FL5! ;)
Sponsored

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Cool! Don't digress to an FL5! ;)
I wouldn't think of it. I LOVE the styling of the '21 and earlier. To me, it's more badass and wild looking. The FL5 makes it tame. Out of the many vehicles I've owned in my lifetime...this is my favorite one. To paraphrase Rick Astley - Never gonna give it up (unless someone wants to donate an exotic sports car & the $ to maintain it :)

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Final bid 49k. Reserve not met. Sorry Juan.
Honda Civic 10th gen What this dealer wanted for an FL5! 7A24D710-4C9C-4C1F-8F42-AD52D2E488C1

JohnInATL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP FK8
Country flag
Hilarious - I think I said earlier in the thread (if not, I've said it elsewhere) that the second buyers of these cars aren't going to pay anywhere near enough to justify paying the ADM price the dealerships are asking. Even if this guy bought the car for $68k, drove it for a few years and kept it mint with lower mileage, how much of a loan is the average second buyer for the car willing to take out? $60k? Doubt it. $55k? Doubt it. $50k? I still doubt it. I just see that markup evaporating rather quickly. And we are at this point already apparently.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Final bid 49k. Reserve not met. Sorry Juan.
Hilarious - I think I said earlier in the thread (if not, I've said it elsewhere) that the second buyers of these cars aren't going to pay anywhere near enough to justify paying the ADM price the dealerships are asking. Even if this guy bought the car for $68k, drove it for a few years and kept it mint with lower mileage, how much of a loan is the average second buyer for the car willing to take out? $60k? Doubt it. $55k? Doubt it. $50k? I still doubt it. I just see that markup evaporating rather quickly. And we are at this point already apparently.
https://jalopnik.com/flipper-fails-spectacularly-trying-to-sell-2023-honda-c-1850009026

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Look man, alls I'm saying is I got this mint 2021 that I'll GIVE away to you for
$65,000 (throwing in barely daily used floormats too! $$)- a legit bargain over an arguably uglier 2023. And that's MONEY in your pocket dawg $$$ Like at least 4k saved going this route.

HMU I have a LOT of interest on this monster from Japan*

*thephrasefromJapandoesnotindicatecountryofbuildbutmorewherethecarfeelsitsfromandreallythat'sallthatmattersintheendpleaseignoremycarwasbuiltbythepeakyfuckinblinders

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 1996 civic ex
Country flag
Lol he's only 30k away from a Tesla plaid...used with the same mileage. A high 13 second civic compared to a low 10 second car...unmodified.🤔

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Lol he's only 30k away from a Tesla plaid...used with the same mileage. A high 13 second civic compared to a low 10 second car...unmodified.🤔
Yea if people wanted to not drive stick then you might have a point. You are looking at two different markets. There are people like me that still want to drive standard and would say fuck your tesla.

Id agree with you on stupid mark up price though.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
To be fair, I'd pay 65k for a Type R just to not drive a Tesla. :X

Chizzo

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r, 1996 civic ex
Country flag
Yea if people wanted to not drive stick then you might have a point. You are looking at two different markets. There are people like me that still want to drive standard and would say fuck your tesla.

Id agree with you on stupid mark up price though.
I wanna go fast......signed RB.....ps if you dont chew big red then fuck you

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I wanna go fast......signed RB.....ps if you dont chew big red then fuck you
I only chew double mint. I saw tesla go fast but they cant brake worth a shit. Because they are heavy and cant turn worth a shit.
Sponsored