First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We all complain about ADM on low volume high demand cars. As we should! We also blame the dealers for this! One thing we are missing is that if the dealer sells a high demand car at MSRP, who is to stop the buyer from 'flipping' for a profit? That buyer has no dealer overhead to pay. This doesn't lower the market price at all. The dealer just loses an opportunity claim that profit.

When I bought my FK8, this was the conversation I had with the salesman. The reason I got mine under MSRP is that the salesman and I used to autocross together or against each other. We had a relationship and he advocated for the sale as I would not be 'flipping' the car. Still have it too!

So yeah, the ADM sucks, but its not the dealership creating demand!
The original buyer is still going to pay tax title and license. Tax here is 5% so that's at least $2,200 added to what they paid just to break even. No pre tax trade in with private sale. Also harder to finance a used car from private seller... I'd be even more reluctant to pay over MSRP for used from private seller let alone ADM from a dealer.
Sponsored

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Damn, you are right. That monetization/auction house bs was the bane of enjoyment in that game. I quit until they removed it upped drop rates across the board.
Looking forward to Diablo 4! Soon. Crossing my fingers Blizzard knocks it out of the park and doesn't F it up. lol

Okay, sorry, back to topic.šŸ˜œ

nYdGeo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
If you havenā€™t seen this yetā€¦
Sad to say, but I hope they don't sell at all. Even if it ultimately screws the model line over, Honda needs to know that it's their dealers that screwed them, just like their dealers are trying to screw their customers. You'd think enough is enough, but obviously, we're not that smart. Some small percentage with money to burn will probably buy them anyway.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And the biggest problem...are pple who are paying these prices. Why should a dealership lowered it when pple are willing to pay for it? The market is Fd.
See, I don't think the market is FD at all. In fact, seems like it's working exactly as designed, and though others say this type of market is unsustainable, it's seems pretty damn sustainable to me because it's been happening for, what, at least a generation now, even two, and much more depending on the definition.

Like GXL mentioned, the best thing we can do is boycott it, and raise hell online for manufacturers, even policymakers, to limit greed (AKA ADM).

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And I thought dealers went crazy on FK8 pricing.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
A Dealership 'MAFIA' has been formed. Just give them any excuse as to why there's a market adjustment Here's the latest one I heard today from a Honda Dealership based on this link...

Chinaā€™s COVID-19 lockdowns hit carmakers ā€“ again...

https://www.afr.com/world/asia/china-s-covid-19-lockdowns-hit-carmakers-again-20221129-p5c29h

TOKYO -- Honda Motor announced Monday that it has suspended operations at three automobile plants in Wuhan, China, as coronavirus lockdowns in the country continue.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Co...uhan-plants-amid-China-s-zero-COVID-lockdowns

Last edited:

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
A Dealership 'MAFIA' has been formed. Just give them any excuse as to why there's a market adjustment Here's the latest one I heard today from a Honda Dealership based on this link...

Chinaā€™s COVID-19 lockdowns hit carmakers ā€“ again...

https://www.afr.com/world/asia/china-s-covid-19-lockdowns-hit-carmakers-again-20221129-p5c29h

TOKYO -- Honda Motor announced Monday that it has suspended operations at three automobile plants in Wuhan, China, as coronavirus lockdowns in the country continue.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Co...uhan-plants-amid-China-s-zero-COVID-lockdowns
šŸ˜’

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
I managed to get my FK8 at MSRP, 2019 model in early 2020... I've seen a few of the new model at MSRP as well, but TBH I like mine so much I genuinely have no desire to upgrade at this point. Despite the obvious reason (greed) I wonder if they mark them up so high as it puts some eye candy on the sales floor... IDK.

bring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 CW
Country flag
I just checked my instant cash offer at KBB and CarMax - 6,600 miles, immaculate condition, no mods - still over sticker, $40k-ish.

If dealers are able to get $50k on my low mileage ā€™21, then Iā€™m not surprised by $20k markups on the new ā€˜23s.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17ā€™ Si FC3, 17ā€™ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22ā€™ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I managed to get my FK8 at MSRP, 2019 model in early 2020... I've seen a few of the new model at MSRP as well, but TBH I like mine so much I genuinely have no desire to upgrade at this point. Despite the obvious reason (greed) I wonder if they mark them up so high as it puts some eye candy on the sales floor... IDK.
A car that special on the show room floor does change the mood. Draws people in who are waiting for repairs in the service department. Or just people around town who want to see one in person for the first time. Very easy to initiate a conversation when somebody is looking at the unattainable flagship car on the showroom floor.

If I owned a dealership I would want that on my showroom floor for as long as it makes a difference in the number of people walking through the door.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
A car that special on the show room floor does change the mood. Draws people in who are waiting for repairs in the service department. Or just people around town who want to see one in person for the first time. Very easy to initiate a conversation when somebody is looking at the unattainable flagship car on the showroom floor.

If I owned a dealership I would want that on my showroom floor for as long as it makes a difference in the number of people walking through the door.
Surely makes for great controversial youtube videos too! =)
Sponsored