First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
  • Banned
Got a piece of mail from Honda please see attached, what is this and if I have a tune on my Si will they mess that up? Does the fix reflash the ECU? Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen What this be? MIL turning on? 9E337833-07F0-4886-9618-D31467E4C9A5
Sponsored

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
My women drives a 18 corolla she had the same issue. She couldnt pay for registration online or in person without going to the dealership and getting a emissions update and certiticate.

I own a 2018 Civic Si. I did NOT get this notice. You made me panic though. So i just paid for my registration online. And it went through....

I also bought my 18 civic Si brand new. When 2019 were coming out. If that matters.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Should be the oil dilution update. You'll want to flash your car back to stock before bringing it in. I'm glad they decided to start rolling it out to Californians.

OP
OP

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
  • Banned
I suspected itā€™s the oil dilution thing, Iā€™m in Ohio, Iā€™m not getting any MIL lights Iā€™m just wondering if the dealership is gonna flash the ECU and then afterwards I flash it with Ktuner, will I have basically undone the fix that the dealership did? If it is in fact what the dealership is gonna do?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I suspected itā€™s the oil dilution thing, Iā€™m in Ohio, Iā€™m not getting any MIL lights Iā€™m just wondering if the dealership is gonna flash the ECU and then afterwards I flash it with Ktuner, will I have basically undone the fix that the dealership did? If it is in fact what the dealership is gonna do?
The TSB started rolling out a while ago. Contact JR @KTuner , my understanding is they've worked the oil dilution fix into the current basemaps for most (all??) ECUs.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
So far I did not get the notice, I was able to renew my registration online with no issues. I bought my Si in June of 2018, so possibly this issue was fixed

EDIT

I live in California, I don't think this issue affects us as most people who received this are in states with colder winter climates

OP
OP

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
  • Banned
Ok so sounds like nobody on the forum has received this letter or knows for sure what itā€™s about specifically? And if itā€™s a reflash whether Ktuner has put these settings on there maps? I guess Iā€™ll go surfing the web thanks for the replies.

AllOuttaGum

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Civic Si
Country flag
Ok so sounds like nobody on the forum has received this letter or knows for sure what itā€™s about specifically? And if itā€™s a reflash whether Ktuner has put these settings on there maps? I guess Iā€™ll go surfing the web thanks for the replies.
If you search ā€œoil dilutionā€ a lot of threads have been talking about receiving letters. I was reading a thread yesterday that ktuner claims to have reflash update included in new basemaps after TSB performed if you have an si. Base models are apparently still waiting.

OP
OP

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
  • Banned
If you search ā€œoil dilutionā€ a lot of threads have been talking about receiving letters. I was reading a thread yesterday that ktuner claims to have reflash update included in new basemaps after TSB performed if you have an si. Base models are apparently still waiting.
Thanks yes I searched around and itā€™s the oil dilution problem and yes it appears that Ktuner has incorporated the Honda fixes into their tunes, at least thatā€™s what I read on a few of the posts. Question I will flash the vehicle back to stock tune before bringing to the dealer, but also what is this ā€œunlockā€ procedure Iā€™m reading about for Ktuner? Thanks.

AllOuttaGum

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks yes I searched around and itā€™s the oil dilution problem and yes it appears that Ktuner has incorporated the Honda fixes into their tunes, at least thatā€™s what I read on a few of the posts. Question I will flash the vehicle back to stock tune before bringing to the dealer, but also what is this ā€œunlockā€ procedure Iā€™m reading about for Ktuner? Thanks.
I donā€™t personally own ktuner yet. Iā€™ve read other posts from owners that say ktuner can only be registered (I.e. locked) to one ecu at a time. Iā€™m sure ktuner support page can show you how to unregistere yours before going to dealership.

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
i got the same mail today, I have a 2019 civic sedan 2.0L. So far nothing has popped up on the dash. Should i still bring it to attention at the dealership?

bwsteg

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
i got the same mail today, I have a 2019 civic sedan 2.0L. So far nothing has popped up on the dash. Should i still bring it to attention at the dealership?
I have decided not to do the recall. I havenā€™t had issues and Iā€™ve been running the tsp tune for some time now.
Sponsored