What springs should I get for a 1-1.5 drop?

IamMitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What springs should I get for a 1-1.5 drop? 883E3FCB-CC7F-4306-8F3D-FB23D7A978C1

So my current set up is 18x8.5 +33 on 235/40/18 tires, I’m on stock height still but I’m looking for the best lowering springs that won’t slam it. Instead drop it an inch to inch and half. Also since my wheels poke a little will I need to get camber arms as well?

Also feel free to drops pics of your suspension set up
Sponsored

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
As you ride on +33, drop 1” max. But there might experience a minor rubbing at the front when it dips hard. If that happen, just pull the fender out 1~2mm will solve the rubbing. That’s said, if you look for more aggressive drop, you will need a camber kit.

OP
OP
IamMitch

IamMitch

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
As you ride on +33, drop 1” max. But there might experience a minor rubbing at the front when it dips hard. If that happen, just pull the fender out 1~2mm will solve the rubbing. That’s said, if you look for more aggressive drop, you will need a camber kit.
Thanks for the reply, and yea I am worried about rubbing cause of the offset, I’m not looking to go aggressive just a subtle drop to get rid of the stock gap. I figured a camber kit would reduce the chance of rubbing, and do you what springs that are best for a 1 inch drop?

GoldClass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Thanks for the reply, and yea I am worried about rubbing cause of the offset, I’m not looking to go aggressive just a subtle drop to get rid of the stock gap. I figured a camber kit would reduce the chance of rubbing, and do you what springs that are best for a 1 inch drop?
Eibach pro-kit drops 1” front and 0.8” back. I know some other spring also has around 1” drop. I will let others to chime in. You can consider SI spring as well, I read somewhere the drop is ~0.5”, this will be the safe option of any rub and fender pull.

Last edited:

dgordon7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX - 6MT
Country flag
I'll definitely throw a huge vote in for whiteline. Not an inch drop, but 3/4. To me you won't be able to tell the 1/4 inch difference. The benefits of these are the mild drop, perfect for a daily driver and the ride is actually improved compared to stock. No issues at all with speedbumps, driveways or other such nuisances to our cars. And the lowered look is definitely noticeable compared to stock. But may not be as low as you are seeking. Fwiw, I drive the car year round in the snow and such - perfect setup for 4 seasons. Also these springs are bargain priced and excellent quality. Fwiw, and good luck in your choice! Dave

Narumi

First Name
Narumi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport, 2015 BRZ Premium, 1990 300ZX 2+2
Country flag
I'm currently on Swift Spec R springs with 18x8.5 +35 Konig Ultraform and have a+5 spacer (to clear Genesis Brembos). I experience no rubbing even when bottoming out on bad potholes.

Oh, and I did install an adjustable camber arm for the rear in case I want to run a more aggressive offset.

Super happy with the quality of Swift Springs, feels great for daily driving. I don't feel like I'm compromising.

Miggytronz

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I just put the Tein S Techs on mine, they drop about 1.4". Ride quality is just about stock too which is great. I got them for a steal of deal but originally like most are saying, i was eyeing the Swift R springs.

PICS HERE
Sponsored