What Shift Knob are you currently using?

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What Shift Knob are you currently using? ADEBCBC8-BBB5-4D08-8319-0613FA89DE7F
Honda Civic 10th gen What Shift Knob are you currently using? 91FF73E2-FE41-4336-AE3A-2A4F9280A5EE

Which engraving are you referring to? Do you mean the shift boot that sits below?

Honda Civic 10th gen What Shift Knob are you currently using? 86CF988A-40E0-4ACD-B91F-80A8D2D160F4

This one?
https://acuityinstruments.com/colle...ift-boot-collar-upgrade-burnt-titanium-finish

Honda Civic 10th gen What Shift Knob are you currently using? 8423F1BB-2479-4596-8772-9A1B0337BC6D

Side by side comparison. I don’t know if the threads on the Heavy Baby are countersunk like the Titan is. Infect away Fountainhead-san. The colors are just about a perfect match for the Type R ;)

Honda Civic 10th gen What Shift Knob are you currently using? F7632542-E251-4B54-BE77-4165A7A37EAF

Hey,
I can't find that lower ring with engraving on it on the JDM site, did you get it from JDM? If so, where is it on the site?
I'm almost ready to pull the trigger and infect my Honda with Nismo....

Thanks! Arigato!

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Well Paypal somehow screwed up, my cc was billed (and sent an email saying so) and Paypal kept sending emails saying "finish payment" but according to my cc I had....so I contacted the seller and they said yeah your purchase bjorked and it shows you didn't finish. I then opened my Paypal app and it said "authorization charge" and "it will go away in 24 hours" so I think I'll wait till Monday to reorder. Last thing I need is TWO 325.00 shift knobs, lol.
Never had this problem before. It will take at least 3 weeks for it to get here anyway on a slow boat from Japan, so no rush there.
If I need to I can stop payment if it doesn't disappear from my account by Monday.

Last edited:

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Well Paypal somehow screwed up, my cc was billed (and sent an email saying so) and Paypal kept sending emails saying "finish payment" but according to my cc I had....so I contacted the seller and they said yeah your purchase bjorked and it shows you didn't finish. I then opened my Paypal app and it said "authorization charge" and "it will go away in 24 hours" so I think I'll wait till Monday to reorder. Last thing I need is TWO 325.00 shift knobs, lol.
Never had this problem before. It will take at least 3 weeks for it to get here anyway on a slow boat from Japan, so no rush there.
If I need to I can stop payment if it doesn't disappear from my account by Monday.
Reordered successfully!!!!! No ship date but FP said about 3 wks.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes! The racing spirit tuned by Tommy Kaira! Congrats Fountainhead, the Hebi Bebe looks great. Curious, are the internal threads countersunk or flush to the bottom of the knob?

GOT IT!
I'd say about 20 whp added, at least. And, at Red Lights much less slip on take off. Very happy to finally have one.

IMG_4639.jpg

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes! The racing spirit tuned by Tommy Kaira! Congrats Fountainhead, the Hebi Bebe looks great. Curious, are the internal threads countersunk or flush to the bottom of the knob?
Thanks Fatherpain! The threads are at the top of the knob, and countersunk to hell. Fortunately the last grunt tighten effort put the turtle facing forward. All the Japanese Kit Kats are still unopened. Don't know if I can handle sweet potato and green tea kit kats, lol. Maybe if I were in Japan I'd be more inclined. I did get a lanyard, a couple of air fresheners, and a keychain fob. Oh, and of course, my "Certificate of Authenticity".

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, was curious about that. The Titan Bebe was countersunk also, but lighter in weight than the Hebi, so wasn’t sure if it was just because of the different material or if the Hebi was a solid. Now I know, heh. Heavier is better.

The downside of the countersunk threads is it sits much lower than a standard knob, which isn’t too big a deal when paired with an adjustable shifter like Acuity or Hybrid. Can also loosen and rotate the shifter shaft to make sure the orientation is spot on, if have one of those.

The other downside was I couldn’t get it to properly work with a shift boot. It wouldn’t clip and lock into place since the bottom neck sat so low. My solution was to have a threaded brass bushing made and pressed in to eliminate the countersink.

Honda Civic 10th gen What Shift Knob are you currently using? 849D0C98-103E-432E-A198-443F1CBD529E

Like this. Fixed all of the issues described above. The only downside is it sits really high, but that was resolved by adjusting the Acuity to its lowest height setting and now it’s the perfect height and also much heavier, which I like.

If decide later after enjoying it for abit you want the same done to yours and don’t have access to a machine shop, drop me a pm and I’ll see if I can hook you up for free :)

Countersunk to hell. Fortunately the last grunt tighten effort put the turtle facing forward. All the Japanese Kit Kats are still unopened. Don't know if I can handle sweet potato and green tea kit kats, lol. Maybe if I were in Japan I'd be more inclined. I did get a lanyard, a couple of air fresheners, and a keychain fob. Oh, and of course, my "Certificate of Authenticity".

Last edited:

Cloggerdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
I'll admit, I didn't look through every page of the thread, but has anyone here tried the OEM Shift Knob upgrade? Part #08U92-TEA-110

I've read that some people don't like it, because it's taller than the OEM knob. I know there's a way to lower it a bit, but that's not really something I want to attempt. Any thoughts from people that have used it?
Sponsored