saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
In 2018 I was looking at a Hyundai Elantra GT sport turbo and sedan than Toyota camary & Corolla Ford Mustang,Buick Regal, VW beetle turbo, Kia Forte hatchback,Mazda Miata ( to small for me) and I actually look at a Dodge Dart ( what was I thinking) than I finally settled on the civic remembering seeing a civic coupe displayed in a local mall in 2016 and thinking that would be a cool car to get
Sponsored

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I was looking to get a GTI, Mazda 3 or a Civic. GTI was on special around then so it was within shouting distance price-wise to a Civic. I test drove all of them, Mazda was a bit cramped but had many options. Dealer was awful though. The GTI was a nice drive until the dsg decided to buck and slam during shifting while the salesman was going over the rear camera feature. The Civic was perfectly comfortable, for me, and was more fun than the Mazda and the CVT didn't buck and slam. Plus the dealer was great to work with.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The following was my list when I was looking to buy. I know some of the prices were a lot higher than what I purchased but I’m happy with my buy.

Possible future car purchase:

2017 Honda Civic Si - 20k

2017 Vw gti se - 20k

2017 Honda Civic type R - 30k

2016 Ford Focus RS - 30k

2018 VW Golf R- 30k

2015 Ford Mustang GT - 25k

2019 VW Jetta GLI - 30k

2015 Audi S4- 25k

2017 Subaru WRX - 20k

2013 VW Golf R - 15k

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was looking to get a GTI, Mazda 3 or a Civic. GTI was on special around then so it was within shouting distance price-wise to a Civic. I test drove all of them, Mazda was a bit cramped but had many options. Dealer was awful though. The GTI was a nice drive until the dsg decided to buck and slam during shifting while the salesman was going over the rear camera feature. The Civic was perfectly comfortable, for me, and was more fun than the Mazda and the CVT didn't buck and slam. Plus the dealer was great to work with.
Same here the Honda dealership was good not pushy like the others except the Ford dealership it seem like the salespeople didn’t want to be bothered the mustang had a crappie interior anyway

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Same here the Honda dealership was good not pushy like the others except the Ford dealership it seem like the salespeople didn’t want to be bothered the mustang had a crappie interior anyway
Yep. I can't speak to the quality of that dealer's service department but the salesman I had was great. My problem with the Mazda dealer was the insulting low trade offer and unwillingness to work with me at all. Honda offered more initially than I was even going to push for.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
GTI
Honda Civic 10th gen What other cars were you looking at before the civic 2020-Volkswagen-GTI-Autobahn-6

Elantra Sport turbo
Honda Civic 10th gen What other cars were you looking at before the civic Screen-Shot-2017-03-17-at-2.57.17-PM-1024x493

Mazda 3
Honda Civic 10th gen What other cars were you looking at before the civic Screen-Shot-2017-06-12-at-3.24.45-PM-1024x634

Forte 5 turbo
Honda Civic 10th gen What other cars were you looking at before the civic 2017-kia-forte5-review

Last edited:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I really was eyeing the
WRX Sti,
the Infiniti G35 Red Turbo, but i feel like infiniti dropped the ball on their brand. They arent the semi luxury car company that they used to be.

Also I'm not on that Luxury car tip anymore...seriously i do not want to turn this into a rant. The build quality is Shit on luxury cars these days. depreciation is nasty

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I really was eyeing the
WRX Sti,
the Infiniti G35 Red Turbo, but i feel like infiniti dropped the ball on their brand. They arent the semi luxury car company that they used to be.

Also I'm not on that Luxury car tip anymore...seriously i do not want to turn this into a rant. The build quality is Shit on luxury cars these days. depreciation is nasty
I hear you I wasn’t and still not a luxury car fan too many gremlins ( unfortunately all cars today have them but luxury cars more so)

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
i still remember it like it was yesterday. i went to a FORD dealership(LOL) i test drove the ford focus ST. i test drove 2 the base model & the fully loaded. i knew the fully loaded 1 was out of my price range. so i went with the base went inside...... a couple of mins go by i barely had any credit . i was denied! LMAO i remember i was so hurt i was going to purchase a used Prius:rofl: from the used lot.
Thankfully my salesman (cousin) said f*uk no! lets go check out Honda. so i leased a 2017 honda ex lease was up and i got my 2019 si.

Surgeenyc

First Name
Keerthan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EXT Coupe (Gray)
Country flag
BMW m235i almost pulled the trigger but didnt want to spend the money for maintainence so got a "sporty" civic. Best decision I've made

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Mazda 3, Elantra GT, and Golf. Pretty much any hatchback with a manual transmission.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Mazda 6 turbo found them boring.
Wrx and Sti were too out of date.
Hyundai/kia was a joke back then.
Didn't bother with the unreliable brands at all.
But now the civic is my play car and I daily a boring mazda 3 touring. But at least everything I have will last 20 plus years.
Sponsored