What more can I do

Hondavader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
I have a 2016 Honda Civic LX 2.0 CVT. I currently have a RV6 downpipe, AEM intake Im getting a ktuner but the main question is Should I go with the muffler delete which straight pipe or should I just get an exhaust which one and I don’t want to be so loud

Honda Civic 10th gen What more can I do B7A71E1B-B5AA-45A7-8C34-3F3D3F67280E
Sponsored

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
i dunno man, muffler deletes always sound Rice AF.
As far as power goes those bolt ons and the Ktuner is about as good as it gets without adding a turbo.
I have always enjoyed magnaflows mufflers. I think you should try those out. I had a custom exhaust made for my Forester with a magnaflow muffler and it sounded great. Straight pipe will kill you with drone on the highway.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you don't want it to sound loud and ridiculous, I would definitely recommend a properly designed aftermarket exhaust over a "straight pipe" setup.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I’ve seen a couple 10th gen LX sedans with fart cans and mufflers deletes. I die a little on the inside when I do. It sounds like shit.

Do it right. Get a proper exhaust, please.

OP
OP
Hondavader

Hondavader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
I’ve seen a couple 10th gen LX sedans with fart cans and mufflers deletes. I die a little on the inside when I do. It sounds like shit.

Do it right. Get a proper exhaust, please.
which Exhaust should I get

OP
OP
Hondavader

Hondavader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
As far as power goes those bolt ons and the Ktuner is about as good as it gets without adding a turbo.
I have always enjoyed magnaflows mufflers. I think you should try those out. I had a custom exhaust made for my Forester with a magnaflow muffler and it sounded great. Straight pipe will kill you with drone on the highway.
I will look into the magnaflows mufflers thanks

OP
OP
Hondavader

Hondavader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
No magnaflows

CVTKiller

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
I have a 2016 Honda Civic LX 2.0 CVT. I currently have a RV6 downpipe, AEM intake Im getting a ktuner but the main question is Should I go with the muffler delete which straight pipe or should I just get an exhaust which one and I don’t want to be so loud

B7A71E1B-B5AA-45A7-8C34-3F3D3F67280E.jpeg
Hey Friend I know this is an old post but,….. After market Resonators are a good place to start Vibrant makes some good ones, I have a muffler delete with virbrant performance resonator and it sounds really good. not like a fart fan, I do have an EX turbo so Im not sure you would get the same sound but i belive you should get a nice low tone just with a muffler delete with a after market resonator

grumpyoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic DX sedan
Country flag
I have a muffler delete with virbrant performance resonator and it sounds really good. not like a fart fan, I do have an EX turbo
Dude, a turbo cuts down big time on noise. A friend of mine had an Audi 5000CD (5 cyl turbo) with a 5'' turbo-back straight pipe. Quieter than my GTI with only the resonnator.

He'd shoot flames out the back when he shifted and it was loud and obnoxious, but much less so than my GTI with only a resonnator.

Yes it was rather low, but if he doesn't want a popping, loud exhaust, he should put a muffler, or maybe 2 resonnators., I hear that's a pretty sweet sound, but never heard it myself.

FWIW

GOM
Sponsored