What modifications can I do on my 2019 Civic LX?

boshiej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
I'm currently leasing a 2019 Civic LX sedan in CVT - was not planning on doing anything to it when I got it, but became a car person and have been dying to modify my car for more than a year now. I kinda decided I'll just modify my next car since I don't really know what I can do on a lease and don't really know what is worth doing, but I don't know how long I'll have this car for and am starting to really consider modifying it now, so I was just wondering what there is I can do on the car that is removable and won't get me into trouble with the lease? And will I need to remove parts before service?

I'm looking at both performance and cosmetics, so far I'm looking at
  • Lumen tail lights
  • ACANII head lights
  • SiriMoto Phase 2 Subframe Braces
  • SiriMoto Phase 2 Strut Bar (just read in a thread that this makes a big difference on handling, if anyone can support this?)
  • Megan Racing Performance lowering springs (1" front and rear, spring rates: 162 lbs/in front, 190 lbs/in rear, is this good compared to stock?)
  • Dechrome window trim, maybe others?
  • Also considering different wheel covers? I think the covers that came with mine look awful and would get new wheels but might push me a little over budget and maybe not worth on a lease.
  • Very maybe muffler delete, if I somehow end up liking the sound of the 2.0L once I get around to taking it off to test.

This is all I've found so far that I would be able to manage doing on my own and wouldn't affect the lease. Thoughts?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Well it comes down to a few things since you are on a lease. If you are going to turn the car in at the end of term or unsure whether you are going to buy it at the end of the lease don’t modify your car as it’s just a waste of money.. unless the parts are interchangeable (meaning they can be put on another car like new wheels and tires). Now if your absolutely 1,000,000% sure you are going to keep the car at the end of your lease then and only then I would modify the car.
Now because you have the 2.0NA (without a turbo) don’t expect a lot of performance mods or a big market on it as you’ll quickly realize most of the 10th gen market is for the 1.5T and the 2.0T. Most of your mods will be cosmetic. That being said I did do a thread on a front strut bar if you want to take a read on it.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/front-strut-tower-bar-survey.47630/

....and to answer your question... No, parts do not need to be removed to receive servicing from a dealership. They don’t really care what you do to the car. The only time they will care is when you turn the car in at the end of lease inspection.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Are you buying the car when the lease is over? If not, don't modify it. That's just pissing money away.

If you do any mods, do simple ones that you can easily revert back to stock when you return the car.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Are you buying the car when the lease is over? If not, don't modify it. That's just pissing money away.

If you do any mods, do simple ones that you can easily revert back to stock when you return the car.
Gotta agree with this, if you have a typical 3-year lease, don't screw with it and you'll have warranty for 3 years without problems. Change the side markers, keep the appearance up and just enjoy the car. Depending on how picky the leasing dealer is, they can go over the the car with a fine-tooth comb at turn in, changes and shabby appearance can cost you money. Typically, anything that costs them money to prep the car for resale on their used lot, they'll charge you for. If your going to buy it out at the end of the lease, knock yourself out.

OP
OP

boshiej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
Gotta agree with this, if you have a typical 3-year lease, don't screw with it and you'll have warranty for 3 years without problems. Change the side markers, keep the appearance up and just enjoy the car. Depending on how picky the leasing dealer is, they can go over the the car with a fine-tooth comb at turn in, changes and shabby appearance can cost you money. Typically, anything that costs them money to prep the car for resale on their used lot, they'll charge you for. If your going to buy it out at the end of the lease, knock yourself out.

I'm hoping to give this car to my mum once she sells hers but we don't know when/if that's gonna happen, so I'm not gonna do too much just in case we don't buy at the end. If I make it to the end of this month without modifying anything then I'll probably never get around to doing it, I just need something to spend my time on in quarantine and I'm now considering this as it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time. If I do end up modifying something I'm definitely selling my parts later. $300+ for taillights or headlights right now isn't worth it if I'm not able to sell later.

OP
OP

boshiej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
Well it comes down to a few things since you are on a lease. If you are going to turn the car in at the end of term or unsure whether you are going to buy it at the end of the lease don’t modify your car as it’s just a waste of money.. unless the parts are interchangeable (meaning they can be put on another car like new wheels and tires). Now if your absolutely 1,000,000% sure you are going to keep the car at the end of your lease then and only then I would modify the car.
Now because you have the 2.0NA (without a turbo) don’t expect a lot of performance mods or a big market on it as you’ll quickly realize most of the 10th gen market is for the 1.5T and the 2.0T. Most of your mods will be cosmetic. That being said I did do a thread on a front strut bar if you want to take a read on it.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/front-strut-tower-bar-survey.47630/

....and to answer your question... No, parts do not need to be removed to receive servicing from a dealership. They don’t really care what you do to the car. The only time they will care is when you turn the car in at the end of lease inspection.
Thanks for the reply. I think the plan is to keep at the end of the lease so my mum can take it but things might change. If we end up not keeping it though I can definitely sell my parts.
Sponsored