What modifications are you planning?

LBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z
Same for me along with getting some tints. I saw the '16 CR-Z has an optional LED fog light upgrade. Think it'd be possible to get a dealer to swap those in, or would you have to do it fully after-market? (ignoring the fact that doing it after-market would obviously be cheaper than what the dealer would charge if it were possible)
Have you seen this DIY? The fog light bulbs is a simple swap job. Just find some LED H8 bulbs, no need to get a dealer to do it.
Sponsored

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you seen this DIY? The fog light bulbs is a simple swap job. Just find some LED H8 bulbs, no need to get a dealer to do it.
I did see the latest DIY posted for the HID fog bulbs. Thanks! I ended up buying the vehicle - probably will get around to doing the swap myself sometime in the next month or so.

Leucille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS250
Country flag
I've had both the S2000 and currently, an IS250. Both were heavily modified and I don't think I will be doing that to this car. Too much engineering and the car just looks so aggressive I feel like it doesn't need any more aesthetics to make it look better.

Probably just do quality of life mods like all weather mats, possibly upgraded speakers and maybe an exhaust if the stock one is a little on the quiet side. I was planning on getting the 2009 model and adding the tech I needed like back up camera, better audio etc. The new SI has everything I need + the ridiculous styling (in a good way) and hopefully more power than the older gens.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
Does anybody know if the horn is something that can be replaced with one that doesn't sound like a rubber ducky?
Absolutely... I'll replace mine with a pair of snail horns, as used on full size american cars. The Wolo Maxi pair I got a decade ago still work well. They just wire up in parallel to the stock single horn wiring.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolo-Maxi-S...ash=item5b1cbfe3b1:g:psgAAOSwnGJWTiFf&vxp=mtr

Type R horns: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wholesale-B...m20d0ef2321:m:mKdUXX8GQa75EEOMeBgTGjQ&vxp=mtr

I'll also look at available exhaust and possibly intake upgrades for my future Coupe EX manual, Canadian version... We will surely look into some on-the-fly control of the electric parking brake as well.

Last edited:

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LX w/ Honda Sensing. Gonna keep this one quiet and efficient. Tints, K&N drop-ins, eibach pro-kits, factory decklid spoiler, 17" rims.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
LX w/ Honda Sensing. Gonna keep this one quiet and efficient. Tints, K&N drop-ins, eibach pro-kits, factory decklid spoiler, 17" rims.
Nice list. I'm hoping we see H&R or Eibach springs soon.

Why not go 18 inch if you're going aftermarket? Won't be overly big and will look more proportional to the size of the car. :thumbsup:

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice list. I'm hoping we see H&R or Eibach springs soon.

Why not go 18 inch if you're going aftermarket? Won't be overly big and will look more proportional to the size of the car. :thumbsup:
Price + Comfort. But I'll see. Also, WeatherTech mats.

markhu

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2010 Subaru Legacy
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm tempted to get the LX (because of the stereo knobs and mechanical speedometer) and then waste the savings on some nice alloy rims.
But first some window tint--wish it was a factory option.

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
I'm tempted to get the LX (because of the stereo knobs and mechanical speedometer) and then waste the savings on some nice alloy rims.
But first some window tint--wish it was a factory option.
I think the LX is a great value. And fan of mechanical over digital gauge myself.

So many dealers will do tint so its almost like a factory option. Ask your dealer how much they'd do it for, then negotiate.

hondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex 2012 Odyssey Lx
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will get tint, black out chrome, and wrap the roof in glossy black. Already replaced map, trunk, and dome with leds. Way down the line wheels and tires maybe lower it just an inch. Replace low beam headlights with leds to match the dlr leds probably switch out all the non leds bulds while im at it. Finally add induction noise and a tad bit louder exhaust

RallyeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tint all around, paint protection all around, 18" wheels from my previous car with 245/40-18 rubber, led swap for all non-colored halogen bulbs, 2500k fogs, and down the line I plan to have 2 x 12" subs added in the trunk in custom enclosures.

Nothing else for me. The car is already low to the ground, and I don't think an exhaust would sound that great on a 1.5l.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the LX is a great value. And fan of mechanical over digital gauge myself.

So many dealers will do tint so its almost like a factory option. Ask your dealer how much they'd do it for, then negotiate.
Just to clarify, the LX in Canada gets the digital gauge and the display audio system. Just no sunroof and alloys.

cjk86524

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC TOURING
I just wanna get a door sill trim illum and of course LED interiors.
Sponsored