Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hi,

I have a 2017 Civic Hatch EX-L w/ no subwoofer from factory

I am trying to figure out what models come with a factory amp as I just ordered a sub amp kit from skar audio.

I am assuming my car doesn't have an amp because I don't have a factory subwoofer correct?

Hoping I don't have one just so i can utilize a cheap LOC without doing anything to the factory amp.
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi,

I have a 2017 Civic Hatch EX-L w/ no subwoofer from factory

I am trying to figure out what models come with a factory amp as I just ordered a sub amp kit from skar audio.

I am assuming my car doesn't have an amp because I don't have a factory subwoofer correct?

Hoping I don't have one just so i can utilize a cheap LOC without doing anything to the factory amp.
Hatch and sedan: touring (sport touring for hatch)
Coupe: ex-t and above
Both si and type r have the amp.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
To physically check, pop off the passenger side footwell panel. You can use a cheap LOC for both versions, the difference is do you pull the radio or the kick panel.

OP
OP

austin21

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
To physically check, pop off the passenger side footwell panel. You can use a cheap LOC for both versions, the difference is do you pull the radio or the kick panel.
Replacing rear speakers with speaker adapter, can run speaker wire and tap in there instead of going to the radio. No factory wires are spliced that way.

will check The kick panel tomorrow

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Replacing rear speakers with speaker adapter, can run speaker wire and tap in there instead of going to the radio. No factory wires are spliced that way.

will check The kick panel tomorrow
If you have the center speaker, then you have the amp. Otherwise, you don't.

Daveg62

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatchback ex-l
Country flag
I have a 2020 EXL that I just upgraded with a loc/amp and a sub/amp. It did not have an amp and I would assume your's doesn't either. I would highly recommend the Kicker Key loc/amp. I just pulled out the head unit and spliced it into to the speaker outs coming from the head unit. It's small enough to mount right under the glove box and adds an amp as well as a loc to the head unit. I also put an amp and a sub in the back and replaced the front door speakers. System sounds awesome now.

OP
OP

austin21

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I have a 2020 EXL that I just upgraded with a loc/amp and a sub/amp. It did not have an amp and I would assume your's doesn't either. I would highly recommend the Kicker Key loc/amp. I just pulled out the head unit and spliced it into to the speaker outs coming from the head unit. It's small enough to mount right under the glove box and adds an amp as well as a loc to the head unit. I also put an amp and a sub in the back and replaced the front door speakers. System sounds awesome now.

Thanks for the reply. I got it all sorted out last weekend, no factory amp luckily!

I didn't want to splice into factory wiring, so I spliced the speaker wire from the speaker wiring adapter on both front speakers. It was kind of a pain running it through the door grommet but I eventually got it done.

I used a metra LOC from best buy, works great so far. I got the Skar Audio 12" sub that was on sale for black friday that came with the whole amp, sub, wiring kit for $280

Running 3 way Rockford fosgates in all 4 doors, sounds much better now!

HondaSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 2019
Hatch and sedan: touring (sport touring for hatch)
Coupe: ex-t and above
Both si and type r have the amp.
Hi, so my 2019. FK7 hatch CVT 1.5T has the amplifier for sure?
I want to buy the Joying headunit, but I don't want to remove it first to check if it is with an amplifier if I don't need to.
Sponsored