What made you go with a 10th gen Si as opposed to competitors?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a 2018 Si coupe and as of today, picked up a 2020 Si coupe. Even when I got my 2018, I struggled and debated for a long time as to what car to get. I debated the veloster, used 370z, WRX, GTI, but at the end of the day I just couldn't see myself getting anything other than our car.

The amount of stuff that we get for what we pay, the mod support, the community, the styling, the shifter, safety features, all of it just makes me love this car.

I was so close to getting a WRX instead of a 2020 but I knew that I would most likely have some regret if I did.

Curious to see your thought processes when getting a 10th gen
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I no longer own my 2018 Si, but the reason I bought one was 1) I was looking to get back into a MT and 2) I was looking for a fun efficient daily driver that wouldn't break the bank(s). Those reasons listed, as well as they didn't have an Accord Sport 2.0t in any dealership in my area with a MT

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought about the 370 and wrx but price and gas mileage made me lean toward the si. I drive 26k miles a year lol. I found a great deal on a wrx and was planning on getting it until I test drove them back to back and i fell in love with the si. A 370z still calls my name but I didn’t want a 2 seater for my daily. I’ll probably pick up a used one for under 10k in a year or so for a project car

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I no longer own my 2018 Si, but the reason I bought one was 1) I was looking to get back into a MT and 2) I was looking for a fun efficient daily driver that wouldn't break the bank(s). Those reasons listed, as well as they didn't have an Accord Sport 2.0t in any dealership in my area with a MT
I was looking to get back into MT too. My first car was a 5spd LX then I had a prius for about 2 years :headbang:

Curious, how are you liking your IS350? Always been a fan of the body styling, never had a Lexus though

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought about the 370 and wrx but price and gas mileage made me lean toward the si. I drive 26k miles a year lol. I found a great deal on a wrx and was planning on getting it until I test drove them back to back and i fell in love with the si. A 370z still calls my name but I didn’t want a 2 seater for my daily. I’ll probably pick up a used one for under 10k in a year or so for a project car
Almost same exact thought process as me. I was so set on a WRX but then I drove my friends a couple times and it changed my mind pretty quick.

The 370z sound is so intoxicating and looks really good, can pick up used for a decent price too. But likewise I didn't ONLY want a 2 seater plus the interior felt a bit cheap to me.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was looking to get back into MT too. My first car was a 5spd LX then I had a prius for about 2 years :headbang:

Curious, how are you liking your IS350? Always been a fan of the body styling, never had a Lexus though
I absolutely love it. It hits all the right buttons and suits my personality. It's cross between comfort and sportiness is perfect. It's calm and quiet normal driving and screams like a beast when you floor it. The downside...it loves gasoline. I average 19.5 MPG, and get around max 27 MPG on trips to Southern California (360 miles each way) which I do frequently

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For sedan buyers, I think the closest competitors are the Jetta GLI and the Elantra Sport. I would worry about reliability with the VW and I don't think the Hyundai came with a LSD.
You have to get the Veloster N to get LSD

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For sedan buyers, I think the closest competitors are the Jetta GLI and the Elantra Sport. I would worry about reliability with the VW and I don't think the Hyundai came with a LSD.
Yup gotta get the N to get the LSD. I'm just wary about the reliability of Hyundai and Korean car companies. Even though I'm Korean and also know that Hyundai's reliability has gotten better, I dunno I still don't trust it yet I'd have to see a couple years later

I absolutely love it. It hits all the right buttons and suits my personality. It's cross between comfort and sportiness is perfect. It's calm and quiet normal driving and screams like a beast when you floor it. The downside...it loves gasoline. I average 19.5 MPG, and get around max 27 MPG on trips to Southern California (360 miles each way) which I do frequently
That's awesome man. A car similar to the IS350 would be something that I'd like when I'm older or maybe have a family. Always have a love for cars like that where there's a good level of luxury/comfort, features, comfortable for daily driving, but also fun when you rip it. Enjoy the car brotha

ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I test drove numerous wrx's and was set to get one, but kept researching and reading about the Si. Test drove one, and decided it was a far better deal. Handled better, felt lighter, and acceleration was not far behind the wrx. From a stop sure, but not for normal driving or even on a track.

SavageOrange

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 BMW S100RR, 2014 Ridgeline Sport
Country flag
I've owned an Si before (as well as 2 other Civics), so I may be a tad partial.

I drove a WRX (the only other real competitor for me), and it wasn't even close.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Considered WRX and Elantra Sport. Came from a WRX, so I'm somewhat of a Subaru fan, but wanted better gas mileage and don't really need AWD 95% of the time. The Elantra Sport got pretty good reviews, but it didn't come w/ an LSD and I didn't feel like the aftermarket support for it would be that great. The Veloster doesn't appeal to me. Wish the i30N came to the US. If it did, I would have seriously considered it. The Si is really just a well rounded sporty sedan that is plenty quick for a daily driver.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Same train of thought others said. 370 was obnoxiously priced for what it is. WRX is again overpriced for what it is IMO and has shitty gas milage and has a "vulnerable" transmission from what i read.

The SI just seemed like the best bang for the buck. Good gas milage, fun to drive and comfortable. I also considered the fact that Ill probably mod it and knowing the aftermarket support past generations have received, I would have a ton of solid vendors to choose from.

I drive my car 1500 miles a week and not one of those miles have i regretted getting it.

ShadowFiend

SanaBanana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm like 80% sure I would have gotten the i30n Fastback if it came to Canada. I just like the way it looks, better technology inside and it's quicker than the SI (I think). Aside from the i30n, I don't see any competitors touching this car in terms of value and fun
Sponsored