What Kind Of Security Have You done To Your Car!

FC1_BUILTBOOST

First Name
Reuben Zuev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I’m wondering what kind of Security have you guys done to Your Cars ? Can these new Civic SI get Stolen or are they Secure From Factory ?

Honda Civic 10th gen What Kind Of Security Have You done To Your Car! 4E982C39-444F-4641-AC79-5D0D3DB9B5D7
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
The Clutch and stick are pretty good deterrents from the factory ?
Unfortunately, the guys who like to steal Civics, usually know how to drive stick.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I just keep my keyfob in a Faraday bag when I'm at home so thieves can't come to my front door and echo the fob signal to unlock and start my car.

At work I'm far enough away there is no chance they will be able to do the same thing.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
I just keep my keyfob in a Faraday bag when I'm at home so thieves can't come to my front door and echo the fob signal to unlock and start my car.
Best method right here. Key fob is a rolling code but they can steal by amplifying the signal etc. These aren't 90's civics, Honda is well aware of their previous high theft rates.

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Ive got dual dash cams that record even when the car is off, night or day time. If my car had a hotspot that i could connect the cameras to i can even get a live view on my phone wherever the car is as long as its connected to wifi. i live in a gated apartment with lots of cameras so i feel pretty secure. But by far the best antitheft device has to be a loud exhaust that you can hear while your inside lol

aaaaah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Nothing at all, I just make sure it's locked and the windows are shut. Additional security measures on modern cars have always seemed like more trouble than it is worth. My insurance is up to date and if it gets stolen then I will just end up replacing it. If it was old, rare or both my response would be different.

I'd love a dash cam because WNY drivers are universally awful, but I am a neat freak with my cars and haven't researched if i can hard wire one in easily to avoid cables everywhere.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nothing at all, I just make sure it's locked and the windows are shut. Additional security measures on modern cars have always seemed like more trouble than it is worth. My insurance is up to date and if it gets stolen then I will just end up replacing it. If it was old, rare or both my response would be different.
☝?

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I'd love a dash cam because WNY drivers are universally awful, but I am a neat freak with my cars and haven't researched if i can hard wire one in easily to avoid cables everywhere.
If it was old, rare, or highly modified I'm sure you would think otherwise. Insurance won't cover us folks for what we have value-wise in parts installed on the car hence Dashcams with Live capability, Tracker, Faraday Bag, and other products are worth looking into

OP
OP
FC1_BUILTBOOST

FC1_BUILTBOOST

First Name
Reuben Zuev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
If it was old, rare, or highly modified I'm sure you would think otherwise. Insurance won't cover us folks for what we have value-wise in parts installed on the car hence Dashcams with Live capability, Tracker, Faraday Bag, and other products are worth looking into
I agree on that one

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

Actually if you provide an insurance company with receipts they will reimburse your for your parts, i know cuz i made a fuss about it when i crashed my accord and they claimed it as a total loss

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Can confirm as a Rochester resident, drivers are awful here. I drive out to Auburn for work and it's even worse. I would also love a dual dash cam setup but same, don't want wires hanging everywhere. I have the touring with the box up there, I plan on routing through that. I am 100% sure I've seen people with it done super clean though.