what kind of seat adjustements does Si have?

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
So I broke my ankle and need to stay off of it for at least two weeks. After that, I have limited mobility to move around for idk how long. Still hoping to trade in my Z4+cash asap this whole ordeal is over for an Si. Getting kind of fired up on it :)

I've been watching a lot of videos, but I can't find what I'm particularly for. I also tried running online parts catalog searches, but coming up empty with other models/trims being listed.

Was wondering what type of seat adjustments does it have? I'm assuming it has the slide seat forward/backwards and the back adjustments. How about raising/lowering the seat height? How about the thigh "tilt adjustment" where you can raise the front of your seat higher while the bottom remains real low? Overall giving an extreme bucket seat feeling?

Thank you for the replies :)
Sponsored

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I believe that the seat adjustments are limited to front-back slide, adjusting the seatback angle, and raising/lowering the seat height. Under-thigh support is pretty good, to the point that I moved my seat forward to relieve pressure on the back of my thighs for long drives.

Best wishes for your ankle to heal quickly.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
If I'm not mistaken, the sedan front seats have forward and back plus height and back angle.

No lumbar, bottom tilt, or headrest adjustment.

OP
OP
tehSteve

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Thank you very much gentlemen!

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
If I'm not mistaken, the sedan front seats have forward and back plus height and back angle.

No lumbar, bottom tilt, or headrest adjustment.
Yeah - sorta ticked me off about the headrest adjustment...my '15 Si you could adjust front and rear headrests...but not this one. Stupid reason I mind it...can't hook a dog hammock on the rears very well - slips right off, which sort of defeats the purpose of the hammock. Guess I'll have to go buy a beater to haul the mutts in :)

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...can't hook a dog hammock on the rears very well - slips right off, which sort of defeats the purpose of the hammock. Guess I'll have to go buy a beater to haul the mutts in :)
Might be cheaper to try a different brand of dog hammock.:) The one I have holds in place nicely while hauling two dogs weighing a combined 95 pounds or so.

If you are interested I can check the brand.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah - sorta ticked me off about the headrest adjustment...my '15 Si you could adjust front and rear headrests...but not this one. Stupid reason I mind it...can't hook a dog hammock on the rears very well - slips right off, which sort of defeats the purpose of the hammock. Guess I'll have to go buy a beater to haul the mutts in :)
I haven't had any issues hooking my dog hammock. Are your straps long enough? I had to loosen mine fully to get a good overall fit.

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but how do you guys like the SI seats? I'm thinking about swapping out my Sport seats for the SI or Type R seats.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but how do you guys like the SI seats? I'm thinking about swapping out my Sport seats for the SI or Type R seats.
Personally they are my favourite part of the car.

But I haven't tried the standard seats so I cannot compare.

coulow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan, 2005 Element EX
I haven't had any issues hooking my dog hammock. Are your straps long enough? I had to loosen mine fully to get a good overall fit.
Lantoo Dog Seat Cover, Large Back Seat Pet Seat Cover Hammock for Cars, Trucks, SUVs with Nonslip Backing, Side Flaps, Waterproof, Soft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B94NTYO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_vkaBAvZK8rOxc

That works for my 70 lb pibble. Dog hair still flies all over when she shakes but the seats are clean and dry from dog slobber. Windows though...

Keep the front seat straps as loose as possible and they will slide on to SI's headrest-sportseat. No indentations or slip.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I love them. I'm 5'10" and 230 lbs. The seat is still wide enough not to squeeze or pinch me. I have back problems, yet I find the Si seats supportive and comfortable. I have ridden for hours with no aches and pains. The only complaint I could see being leveled at these seats (though I don't care) is that the head rest is not adjustable.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lantoo Dog Seat Cover, Large Back Seat Pet Seat Cover Hammock for Cars, Trucks, SUVs with Nonslip Backing, Side Flaps, Waterproof, Soft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B94NTYO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_vkaBAvZK8rOxc

That works for my 70 lb pibble. Dog hair still flies all over when she shakes but the seats are clean and dry from dog slobber. Windows though...

Keep the front seat straps as loose as possible and they will slide on to SI's headrest-sportseat. No indentations or slip.
Yeah... My wife likes to call all the markings on the windows as "doggy artwork".

This is the seat cover I use.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019OFKASI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The benefit is the straps have a lot of slack in order to fit around the head rests well.
Sponsored