What kind of MPG are y'all getting with your 10th Gen?

LaGrrrande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
2020 Type R, I'm getting 22/30 mpg. 22 while in +R mode driving aggressively, and 30 while in Comfort mode and letting Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keep Assist do their thing. And that's with the Miles/Gallons=MPG, the computer typically overestimates by about ~2 MPG.
Sponsored

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My '17 SI was up to 34.5 mpg combined, but on short trips way less than the 28 mpg Honda quotes for city. It is not so much city vs highway as it is the length of the trip. My '18 CTR that I traded for a month ago gets 25 combined, maybe 30 on the freeway. Of course if I drive it as it was designed for, that falls off very quickly. Worth it. So figure the SI is 10 mpg better than the CTR overall.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
My 2019 Civic Si is getting 31.5 MPG currently, but I'm doing a lot more city and a lot less highway. When I was getting more highway in, it was always around 34 MPH or just underneath.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
You're absolutely right, the zero point can't be trusted and it's not 100% accurate, nonetheless the measurements are slightly higher than the value which is shown by the head unit and I believe it's very approximate to the truth. o_O

I'm doing this kind of tracking now for 15,000 kilometers on my Civic and did for 100,000 kilometers with my previous cars, the site is called https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/ by the way, german site but english language is available.

--

The video of this guy is very interesting, I'm have to admit I drive over the "zero miles left notification" because the gas tank is so small. I could reach double the amount of miles with my previous car and it was not even a Diesel. With 600 or 700 kilomters range it feels almost like driving a modern electric car. :D

Plus I don't like wasting my time on gas stations, first we don't have much and second Germany is an extremely backward country, so mostly we don't even have these "modern" gas stations where you can pay directly at the gasoline pump, no, we have to walk inside the gas station after filling up, then wait in the queue, then pay... :rolleyes:
First of all, people are more honorable in other countries where you can post-pay. The reason we must pre-pay is because so many people just leave and don't pay if you let them pump.

Second, about driving on low fuel, it is not smart on this car because gasoline has good cooling abilities but not the same lubricity as diesel fuel. If there is not much fuel in the tank, the pump may run hotter. More importantly the hi-pressure pump under the hood could be damaged and that is a no-no. It is very hi pressure and very expensive so we need to always keep it well fed.

Finally I am more of a hyper-miler and I try to drive intelligently, throttle only as much as is needed and yet not lugging it. The gearing allows pretty low RPM's in 1st, 2nd and 3rd but in 3-6 gears I must keep it above 2k or 2.5k and 3k on hills. In US miles/gallon I get 37 city/41 highway.

dmacfoodland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI/2013 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I live in Alabama, mostly country roads without a ton of stopping and starting... pretty easy on the car for the most part. I have about 7000 miles on it so far, and I'm getting 37.5mpg! Extremely happy with that!! I also have a 9th gen SI, and I get about 33mpg in it.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
I hover around 33 with my SI from mixed tanks. I take frequent 300-500ish mile trips and average 39-40 on those when its pure highway at 85mph

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
Lifetime average is 39 mpg over 89K miles.

Got over 50 mpg today for the first time on my way to work, 74 miles with the cruise set at 71 mph and a bit of a tail wind.
Honda Civic 10th gen What kind of MPG are y'all getting with your 10th Gen? 50

NO3PUTT

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
6.8-7L/100 in summer.

8.5-9L/100 in winter.

Highest posted speed limit here is 70 so its nothing but short trips. Lots of idling in the winter.

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
Lifetime average is 39 mpg over 89K miles.

Got over 50 mpg today for the first time on my way to work, 74 miles with the cruise set at 71 mph and a bit of a tail wind.
50.jpg
I would not trust that as gospel. If you were getting 10MPG over what the EPA says then that is one hell of a tailwind lol.

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
It's not a surprising number, ~20 mph tail wind and I usually get mid-40's mpg during the summer months. The 46 mpg was the drive home the day before (reverse trip) so the tail wind got me a few more mpg. Or maybe because it was the first time I waxed it this year that made it slip through the air that much better. ;)

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
It's not a surprising number, ~20 mph tail wind and I usually get mid-40's mpg during the summer months. The 46 mpg was the drive home the day before (reverse trip) so the tail wind got me a few more mpg. Or maybe because it was the first time I waxed it this year that made it slip through the air that much better. ;)
Lets do the math honda/epa says your car gets 38MPG highway on the TOP end (usually ideal conditions of course) You are saying you get -conservatively- 46MPG so your total range is 100 miles more than the epa says. That means you can drive 570 miles on tank without refueling? Fuely on the top end has -nobody- reporting 46mpg. My car is rated at 42MPG and that is definitely on the high end according to my own calculations (not what the computer says) and I drive the speed limit 95% of the time. Color me skeptical. http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/civic/2018?engineconfig_id=&bodytype_id=&submodel_id=989

Last edited:

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Lets do the math honda/epa says your car gets 38MPG highway on the TOP end (usually ideal conditions of course) You are saying you get -conservatively- 46MPG so your total range is 100 miles more than the epa says. That means you can drive 570 miles on tank without refueling? Fuely on the top end has -nobody- reporting 46mpg. My car is rated at 42MPG and that is definitely on the high end according to my own calculations (not what the computer says) and I drive the speed limit 95% of the time. Color me skeptical. http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/civic/2018?engineconfig_id=&bodytype_id=&submodel_id=989
Theres only 80 people that have reported their mpg from the link you posted. Most people probably dont even know that site exists. Not exactly indicative of the millions of civics out there. Everyone has different driving habits, different routes that they drive on, different weather conditions, and even the cars themselves have some variation on how they perform.

All of that will affect what MPG people are able to get. The fact that this thread and many others like it exist proves that its possible. Some of the people may also have customs tunes. Which isn't all just about increasing power. You can increase fuel efficiency as well.

And you say nobody but just on the fourth page from that link someone reported an average mpg of 52.4.
Sponsored