What kind of MPG are y'all getting with your 10th Gen?

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1650647302115.png

This is from highway driving and making sure I'm coasting where needed! I'm from Canada so I had to switch it to MPG to show y'all
This is some serious hypermiling. 54.9 mpg converts to 4,3 l/100km o_O

I wonder how fast your average speed was on that trip was...

I recently managed to get 4,5 l/100 km (52.3 mpg) on a highway trip. But I was already traveling super slow (my average trip speed was 87 kmh / 54 mph.)

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think with the winter blend 91 I am getting about 35 mpg with about 70% highway miles and 30% around town. On road trips I have gotten up to 46 mpg! This is with shifting around 3500 rpm on the average and full throttle/ 6k shifts half the time merging on to the highway. I came from a 2002 Miata which oddly enough comes with a slightly bigger fuel tank at 12.7 gallons while ours is 12.4 gallons but this car gets about 200 more miles per tank. Overall I am extremely satisfied!

engineering

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This is some serious hypermiling. 54.9 mpg converts to 4,3 l/100km o_O

I wonder how fast your average speed was on that trip was...

I recently managed to get 4,5 l/100 km (52.3 mpg) on a highway trip. But I was already traveling super slow (my average trip speed was 87 kmh / 54 mph.)
My average speed was around 110 Kmh! It also depends on the elevation of the road , the highway I was driving on was quite flat so I was able to maintain a steady speed with very light pressure on the pedal.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My average speed was around 110 Kmh! It also depends on the elevation of the road , the highway I was driving on was quite flat so I was able to maintain a steady speed with very light pressure on the pedal.
That's great. The highway I'm traveling on, contains a lot of elevation. The steepest part has a 7% grade.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Road trip to south Carolina from Jersey. AC on. Cruise most of the way. A few tie ups in traffic and lots of stops (waffle house mmmmm) lol
Honda Civic 10th gen What kind of MPG are y'all getting with your 10th Gen? IMG_2898

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't get very good mileage, as long as I get over 15mpg, it's ok with me. I have a VERY heavy foot. I'm in it for the fun, not the mileage. Track work goes down in the single digits.

Rich_D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What kind of MPG are y'all getting with your 10th Gen? 20220428_194446-

This is my PR for MPG for one tank. This was very typical suburban driving, almost all 30 - 40mph streets with a couple of quick jumps on 55mph expressways, but including school drop offs and one horrible wait in a Chik-fil-a line that probably cost me a couple of tenths. I didn't "cheat" at all - no dangerous practices like ignition-off coasting, no tailgating/drafting, I always drove at the speed limit or above ;). I got this result with normal driving with extreme short shifting actually following the green to white indicator lights on the cluster.

2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT
Injen X-Pedal PRO Black set to 1
Racechip GTS set to 5
93 octane
Econ on

To me this shows very good design and engineering on Honda's part. Sometimes I could actually raise my MPG by a couple of 10ths in 40mph stop and go traffic. Perfect city car but with real back seats and excellent crash safety. Racechip works great too.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
According to my trip computers im averaging about 23.5 MPG and thats with city & highway driving. I also dont drive slow either.
Same L.A. area in California
23MPG
Best i got on long trips on Hwy 31MPG
But i do most city
I use ECON
But I think ill stop using it see what happens

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
With my old job where i do 30 miles around trip stop and go with 15% hwy driving, i got 31-32 mpg. With my new job where i commute mostly on the 91 and rarely get above 65mph. I have been getting 40+ mpg.

My perspective has also changed. i would rather use the commute to chill and then spend the energy on something else.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With my old job where i do 30 miles around trip stop and go with 15% hwy driving, i got 31-32 mpg. With my new job where i commute mostly on the 91 and rarely get above 65mph. I have been getting 40+ mpg.

My perspective has also changed. i would rather use the commute to chill and then spend the energy on something else.
91 is always packed
Do you use the ECON ?

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
91 is always packed
Do you use the ECON ?
econ on 24/7. The key is to keep the rev low and let the CVT works for you. Keep the rev around 2000 rpm, this damn car will glide to almost 50mph effortlessly.

Last edited:

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
econ on 24/7. The key is to keep the rev low and let the CVT works for you. This damn car will glide to almost 50mph under 2000 rpm effortlessly.
Mine is Manual Trans
I've heard the ECON has no effect on Manual trans
Also when I used the ECON i have to step more on the Gas on 1st and 2nd gear

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m getting 35mpg with 80% hwy/20% city. I figure I should be getting a bit more but I’m not sure if my aftermarket wheels really have that much of an impact of any. Filled up with correct psi, current with oil/tran fluid change, tires rotated as needed. Perhaps my mpg is taking a toll due to the nature of the roads I travel on. A good chunk of my commute is sloped hills but nothing too crazy.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
i usually hover around 37mpg when doing highway drives, and around 28 when having fun. always use 93 sunoco
Sponsored