What kind of gas and where?

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
You guys have seen me argue for 91 being worth it, though not as much for the Civic as some other cars... I would say that 100 would definitely be a waste. Unless your car was tuned for it, like GavinzDad says...

Dat price, tho... Ouch!
Sponsored

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I used the stuff that burns. It's a civic not a high end sports car. Just use regular from one of the big companies and you will be fine. If the car is stock you arnt going to see any gains from going any other place from another. Just stay away from stations in your area that are known for having water in their gas. That's really all you need to worry about. Anything other than regular is a waste of money. I've tried it in many different vehicles in the past and have noticed no difference in power or fuel mileage.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A buddy of mine found this gas station where we live in San Diego.. 100 octane. I was curious in giving it a try to see what happens. Too bad it's 9 bucks a gallon. I normally use 87 from Shell or Chevron

Screenshot_20160714-075154~2.jpg

credit to driftingbrz for the pic
Jet fuel lol

SteveGG

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 & '16 Civics
On my old car, 2013 BMW 135i, I had to get premium gas and usually gets it from Costco, which is a lot better than Shell in my opinion and now with Touring, I'm sure regular is the recommended gas, but I'd like to know what everybody is using.

Just like what the title says, what kind of gas do you use and where do you guys go? Any other reason? Gains? Cleaner gas? etc..
Does anyone know about, compensation using ping sensing / analysis, for gas octane ? My previous 2001 Prius had it and could use any octane gas.

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I have no top tier gas station anywhere near where I work or live. Kind of annoying to have to go 20 mins out of my way...

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know about, compensation using ping sensing / analysis, for gas octane ? My previous 2001 Prius had it and could use any octane gas.
I don't know of a modern day car that doesn't do this.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Computer managed engine timing isn't the best for the actual engine.

HipHopCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Costco is the best , thats what i always use. can go wrong with it and the price is so cheap too..

On my old car, 2013 BMW 135i, I had to get premium gas and usually gets it from Costco, which is a lot better than Shell in my opinion and now with Touring, I'm sure regular is the recommended gas, but I'd like to know what everybody is using.

Just like what the title says, what kind of gas do you use and where do you guys go? Any other reason? Gains? Cleaner gas? etc..

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know if Buccees is top tier fuel? I've done a quick Google search and some people think it's citco some say generic but it doesn't seem like anyone truly knows.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
2.0, LX, unleaded, anywhere. :thumbsup:
Yup that's basically me. Not going to go out of my way to find special gas. If there is someone close by like shell then I'll go there but not going to waste money driving around looking for a certain station.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup that's basically me. Not going to go out of my way to find special gas. If there is someone close by like shell then I'll go there but not going to waste money driving around looking for a certain station.
Luckily I live right next to Buccees and QT gas wars are hot right now

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT
Guess I'll have to stick to QT
Which is smart because of the assurance that the gas you buy will have the proper level of detergent & additive packages to keep your engine running well throughout its service life.