What kind of gas and where?

dblshock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Coupe touring WOP Toyota T4R '06
E0 has more BTU's so more available performance..I've been running it last 1000mi. but it is expensive.
Sponsored

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
The only couple of gas exceptions when difference matters, is:

1: E0 aka ethanol free. If there is a pure gas station that is comparable in price, you will likely get 3-5% better mpg. If the price exceeds 3-5%, it may or may not be beneficial.

2: Top tier: Has a higher level of detergent additives compared to other non Top Tier retailers using only the minimum EPA required detergent additives in order to help prevent the buildup of engine deposits which may reduce fuel economy and optimal engine performance.

I just filled up with some V-Power Nitro 93 after using only 87 so far. My last three tanks were way down, so I figured my regular station switched suppliers and wanted to try anything E0. I went to pure-gas.org and found the only open stations near me sold only premium, one station had E0 87 marked but for $5 a gallon so I passed. I'm not sure if this stuff is actually E0 at this point, but it was tested last year at the same station. Anyway I gained back 5-10% in efficiency and can now match the trips that I was getting in the summer. It is noticeably smoother running and holds speed at part throttle much better. I don't think it is worth the $.60 per gallon surcharge, but it's certainly measurably better.

gunbunnysoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I just filled up with some V-Power Nitro 93 after using only 87 so far. It is noticeably smoother running and holds speed at part throttle much better. I don't think it is worth the $.60 per gallon surcharge, but it's certainly measurably better.
I had better results with V-Power Nitro 93 as well! I don't know if there is less ethanol in there (I know they claim up to 10% in all the lines, but perhaps this doesn't actually use it, thus yielding better results/more energy). Either way, I agree it is measurably better as you said.

UberCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Modern Steel Civic EX-L 2006 Highlander Hybrid 2002 Honda Insight 2000 Audi A6 2.7t
Country flag
I had better results with V-Power Nitro 93 as well! I don't know if there is less ethanol in there (I know they claim up to 10% in all the lines, but perhaps this doesn't actually use it, thus yielding better results/more energy). Either way, I agree it is measurably better as you said.
I think that they sell E0 through E10 under the same product name, and Michigan is one of the few states where they don't have to tell you that there is ethanol in the gas so who really knows without testing it. I'm gonna start doing that just out of curiosity, because I bet there are cheap stations out there selling E0 and not advertising it.
Sponsored