First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey everyone!
Im new to the site and was looking around for pros and cons of owning and daily-ing the 2020 Si. Ive never owned any previous generations so I dont have anything to compare it to. I am getting the new Si in probably a month or so. Is it better than older generations? Do you guys like the 1.5L? What can I expect owning this car?
Sponsored

HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I daily mine. I let my mom drive my beater car since she is going through rough times.

I would say it is better than previous gens. 1.5L turbo is no slouch in these light cars. It is fun to drive, great MPG, comfortable. The downfall of this car? Just be prepared to want a Type R in a few months ?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I came from a 2017 Civic Sport hatch. I find the seats a little tight for long trips - they're fine for short trips, but the base Civic seats are more comfortable on long trips cause you can sprawl around like you're on your couch.

Also I'd probably prefer the 2019 gearing, it's a little droney on the highway, in a way the Sport was not. However I plan to remove the Sound Control connector so maybe that'll help. I hate the sound in Sport mode, and not sure if any of the sound in regular mode is piped in, but I hear some of what I hear in Sport mode and don't like it.

I hear some of the same buzzing sounds from the interior I heard from my Sport at times - and the car has 400 miles on it, lol.

It's great otherwise, love the new wheels, the LEDs and the LSD is awesome. The 10 speaker sound is a nice improvement on the Sport. MPG seems about 2mpg less than the Sport, assuming the computer offset hasn't changed - haven't been able to calculate real mileage yet.

Bates XIV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I daily mine. I let my mom drive my beater car since she is going through rough times.

I would say it is better than previous gens. 1.5L turbo is no slouch in these light cars. It is fun to drive, great MPG, comfortable. The downfall of this car? Just be prepared to want a Type R in a few months ?
I got my Si a month ago, and this person here has NAILED IT. The Si is easy and fun to drive, but I am already plotting how I’m going to afford a Type R when my lease is up in three years haha.

Bates XIV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I came from a 2017 Civic Sport hatch. I find the seats a little tight for long trips - they're fine for short trips, but the base Civic seats are more comfortable on long trips cause you can sprawl around like you're on your couch.

Also I'd probably prefer the 2019 gearing, it's a little droney on the highway, in a way the Sport was not. However I plan to remove the Sound Control connector so maybe that'll help. I hate the sound in Sport mode, and not sure if any of the sound in regular mode is piped in, but I hear some of what I hear in Sport mode and don't like it.

I hear some of the same buzzing sounds from the interior I heard from my Sport at times - and the car has 400 miles on it, lol.

It's great otherwise, love the new wheels, the LEDs and the LSD is awesome. The 10 speaker sound is a nice improvement on the Sport. MPG seems about 2mpg less than the Sport, assuming the computer offset hasn't changed - haven't been able to calculate real mileage yet.
Please let us know about how to go about disconnecting that Sound Connector. It’s something I’ve been considering doing in the future.

marcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I hated the seats on my 18 sport hatch. I much prefer the 20 Si seats. Long trips no longer hurt my back. Everyone's build is different though. (I'm 6'3" 200 lbs).

I love the LED headlights. Also LSD is a very noticeable improvement. Really makes driving the winding back roads a blast! Blind spot camera and collision avoidance system is a nice plus.

Sound system sucks. Head unit is slow as hell. Don't like that the climate controls are on the head unit. Tires are horrible. Quite a bit of road noise. Sound deadener is definitely in the future.

Other than the small things listed above, I love the car! No regrets. Absolute joy to daily drive!

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Please let us know about how to go about disconnecting that Sound Connector. It’s something I’ve been considering doing in the future.
Once the novelty of it wore off, about 1k miles in, I disconnect mine. I like that you can hear a slight burble at low rpm now, and it got rid of the highway drone.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Haven't tried it but looks simple except maybe the trim piece doesn't want to come out.

Rather unattractive picture though, lol.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey everyone!
Im new to the site and was looking around for pros and cons of owning and daily-ing the 2020 Si. Ive never owned any previous generations so I dont have anything to compare it to. I am getting the new Si in probably a month or so. Is it better than older generations? Do you guys like the 1.5L? What can I expect owning this car?
I owned an 8th Gen Si before buying my 10th Gen and it is a nice upgrade. Completely different driving experience compared to my 8th. It's very good for daily driving, but you should look into getting a Ktuner with a Phearable tune. The stock tune was too slow for me and with the tune it feels like a new car.

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I hated the seats on my 18 sport hatch. I much prefer the 20 Si seats. Long trips no longer hurt my back. Everyone's build is different though. (I'm 6'3" 200 lbs).

I love the LED headlights. Also LSD is a very noticeable improvement. Really makes driving the winding back roads a blast! Blind spot camera and collision avoidance system is a nice plus.

Sound system sucks. Head unit is slow as hell. Don't like that the climate controls are on the head unit. Tires are horrible. Quite a bit of road noise. Sound deadener is definitely in the future.

Other than the small things listed above, I love the car! No regrets. Absolute joy to daily drive!
Yea i agree about the sound system sucking. I don't understand how my stock 350-watt sound system in my 8th Gen sounded 100 times better with more bass than the 10th Gen sound system. I instantly did the honda hack and installed Viper4Android and being able to manually tune the EQ has really increased the bass and the way it sounds now.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I'm 6'2 and 210 lbs, but I find myself moving around a lot on long trips, which was easier to do in the Sport. Also the lack of headroom in the Si makes me have to adjust the seat all the way down so the seating position isn't as good. But I'm getting used to it.

The head unit is ok in Carplay, still a huge step up from the 5" screen. I do like the brake warning and ACC, once I adjusted it to minimum range it works great. I turned off the turn signal camera, hate losing the nav while turning. I also noticed Waze gets lots a lot, thinks I'm 100 yards to left or right. That never happens if using my phone. Mostly in the first 2-3 minutes getting into the car. Dunno if this is a Carplay issue.

I most notice the LSD turning left or right from a stop. That wasn't fun in the Sport, especially on snow tires (dry or snowy).

marcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm 6'2 and 210 lbs, but I find myself moving around a lot on long trips, which was easier to do in the Sport. Also the lack of headroom in the Si makes me have to adjust the seat all the way down so the seating position isn't as good. But I'm getting used to it.

The head unit is ok in Carplay, still a huge step up from the 5" screen. I do like the brake warning and ACC, once I adjusted it to minimum range it works great. I most notice the LSD turning left or right from a stop. That wasn't fun in the Sport, especially on snow tires (dry or snowy).
I found my most comfortable position one adjustment up from the lowest position, steering wheel all the way down and toward me. My long ass legs fit better and provides more than enough head room. It did take me a bit to get used to being so low though.

I agree the head unit is a big step up from my 18 sport hatch. The ACC is great! I use it almost daily on the freeway. Has its quirks, but works well overall.

After replacing the tires, I can't believe how well this car handles. Wet or dry, it's planted even with spirited driving. Tires should have been my first mod.

OP
OP

Meltedmilkshake

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I owned an 8th Gen Si before buying my 10th Gen and it is a nice upgrade. Completely different driving experience compared to my 8th. It's very good for daily driving, but you should look into getting a Ktuner with a Phearable tune. The stock tune was too slow for me and with the tune it feels like a new car.
with that in mind, i dont want to void my warranties. Is there a way to avoid that?