What isn't covered by the extended Honda Care warranty?

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I told the dealer I was going to buy my warranty online (saccucci), which is Honda Care. Basically it's the same as the first 3 year warranty but extended, right?

So the finance manager told me that the warranty I'm going to get is only the "medium" warranty and doesn't cover stuff like electronics (backup camera, audio screen etc)... sooo BS right?
Sponsored

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
I told the dealer I was going to buy my warranty online (saccucci), which is Honda Care. Basically it's the same as the first 3 year warranty but extended, right?

So the finance manager told me that the warranty I'm going to get is only the "medium" warranty and doesn't cover stuff like electronics (backup camera, audio screen etc)... sooo BS right?
HondaCare covers electronics. I think what it doesn't cover is aesthetic stuff, like carpet or seat wear, etc. So for all the essential stuff it's like the 3 year warranty.

Sounds like you should buy it from Saccucci.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
They're telling you that so that you'd but it off them :) Honda Care covers electronics.

My dealer actually offers their own extended warranty and they suggested getting Honda Care instead because of the new technologies and features the Civic has.

GoPackGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Energy Green Coupe
Also check out Hyannis Honda Care. For me they were $85 cheaper than Saccucci for the same coverage. I plan to get the 8/120 $0 deductible plan this week.

I almost never buy extended warranties for anything but with all the electronic stuff on these plus it being a new gen it's worth it (to me anyway).

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Also check out Hyannis Honda Care. For me they were $85 cheaper than Saccucci for the same coverage. I plan to get the 8/120 $0 deductible plan this week.

I almost never buy extended warranties for anything but with all the electronic stuff on these plus it being a new gen it's worth it (to me anyway).
Yeah they're cheaper but don't sell to California.

OP
OP
DX2000

DX2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Turns out HondaCare won't cover LED headlights. I'm not too sure if I should get it then. Anyone have experience with other warranty companies?

benjaminh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX Orchid
Turns out HondaCare won't cover LED headlights. I'm not too sure if I should get it then. Anyone have experience with other warranty companies?
LEDs are extremely long-lasting. Wouldn't worry about it. No one else is likely to cover them either, because I think they would be considered "a wear and tear" item. But in fact LEDs should last for c. 10 years or so, and maybe more. I wouldn't be surprised if LEDs are a "life of the car" item. They might even last as long as the engine and transmission....

fijizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan - Modern Steel Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

ZacksWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2010 Kia Soul+
Country flag

Attachments

gwaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac vibe
They're telling you that so that you'd but it off them :) Honda Care covers electronics.

My dealer actually offers their own extended warranty and they suggested getting Honda Care instead because of the new technologies and features the Civic has.
I am probably buying mine very soon. I would only get the extended warranty because of the questionable infotainment system . Otherwise I'd trust everything else as I have with Toyota.

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
When a sensor failed on my '96 Civic coupe, parts and labor were $600. For me the effective $130/year (cost - AAA saved) calculated for years 4-8 Honda Care coverage is a deal. Keep in mind that the $1005 selling price of the 8 yr/120K/$0 ded. policy (Hyannis Honda) is the cost of this policy at other, e.g. my, dealer, who quoted me $2800. Of course after year 8 we're all at sea.
Sponsored

Last edited: