WHAT IS THIS SOUND I AM HEARING ?

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Related to this thread there is an incident that I posted on this forum. Link to the incident post with pictures uploaded for a better understanding to figure out this sound : CAR DAMAGES AFTER HITTING WALL

Right after this incident happened there has been this sound coming from the front like it’s the wheels or something I can’t really tell exactly so I have tried to get 2 videos of the sound when driving. Can anyone explain exactly what is this sound I am hearing and from where it is coming from when I am driving? I tried my best to take two videos to be able to hear the sound I am talking about. I wasn’t able to upload the videos on here but I have uploaded on YouTube with a link to access both of these videos:
VIDEO 1 LOCAL DRIVING SOUNDS
VIDEO 2 HIGHWAY DRIVING SOUNDS

TL;DR: Lost control of my car during bad weather and smacked left front side of the car into the wall. Right after the incident happened since then my car is making this sound while driving. Posted a link above with pictures to a thread on here about the damages to my car. Uploaded 2 videos into 2 separate links that are posted close to end of this post. I try to capture the sound that is being made while driving as best as I could. Please let me know if anybody can tell me what and where this sound is coming from? Trying to get my car repaired ASAP. Thank you
Sponsored

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Think you need to be a little more specific about which sound. Is it the roaring sound? Those loud clunks, or the "ru ru ru ru ru" sound? Just looking at the pictures, it seems like the wheel hit pretty flat on the face of it. That could have really bent a lot of different things.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s hard to hear in the videos. Is it only sound or is there vibration too? Check fender liner for rubbing, plastics underneath. Check tire for bubbles inside and outside sidewalks. If it gets louder the faster you go it’s something that’s rotating. I’m putting money on wheel bearing and/or other suspension components on that side causing the noise.

OP
OP

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Think you need to be a little more specific about which sound. Is it the roaring sound? Those loud clunks, or the "ru ru ru ru ru" sound? Just looking at the pictures, it seems like the wheel hit pretty flat on the face of it. That could have really bent a lot of different things.
I could be wrong but I think it’s the ru ru ru ru sound u are talking about. I wish I can like describe this sound but there was no sound before until the incident after that there is sound when driving I hear the high speed i go the more louder it gets. There is no sound when parked either.

It’s hard to hear in the videos. Is it only sound or is there vibration too? Check fender liner for rubbing, plastics underneath. Check tire for bubbles inside and outside sidewalks. If it gets louder the faster you go it’s something that’s rotating. I’m putting money on wheel bearing and/or other suspension components on that side causing the noise.
no vibration just this sound when driving only too no sound when I’m parked . I think it might be the wheel bearing also too. I’m not sure it’s hard for me to explain this sound so I try to take a video and get that noise on video. Yeah it gets louder when I’m going high speeds more noticeable especially I can hear and feel it while I’m driving. I been the only owner anyways lol I bought this brand new from dealership.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The damage I saw looked cosmetic. Was there any evidence the tire hit the wall? If so, it could be the wheel bearing, or it could have damaged the tire or rim.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I could be wrong but I think it’s the ru ru ru ru sound u are talking about. I wish I can like describe this sound but there was no sound before until the incident after that there is sound when driving I hear the high speed i go the more louder it gets. There is no sound when parked either.

no vibration just this sound when driving only too no sound when I’m parked . I think it might be the wheel bearing also too. I’m not sure it’s hard for me to explain this sound so I try to take a video and get that noise on video. Yeah it gets louder when I’m going high speeds more noticeable especially I can hear and feel it while I’m driving. I been the only owner anyways lol I bought this brand new from dealership.
If its that ru ru sound, thats what I was thinking as well. Does it change when your turning in one direction or the other? Like go to an empty area and go in a tight circle one way a few times then again in the other direction. If it changes sounds then that usually points towards a wheel bearing.

OP
OP

fmoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The damage I saw looked cosmetic. Was there any evidence the tire hit the wall? If so, it could be the wheel bearing, or it could have damaged the tire or rim.
Yes it did look like it was just cosmetic only when it happened but once I started driving I started hearing this noise it sounds like the wheel is about to come out I could be wrong which is why I tried to record it. Maybe something else got probably damaged more inside thats is not visible to us till we open up the damaged area. Here some more pictures I just uploaded on this post they are close up ones too of just the left front tire wheel and rim maybe this can help to solve what’s wrong

Honda Civic 10th gen WHAT IS THIS SOUND I AM HEARING ? FBE76551-B93B-43A6-8822-4562083CE98B

Honda Civic 10th gen WHAT IS THIS SOUND I AM HEARING ? 9DE87FC6-30F8-447E-9BF8-2FFE866ACBFF

Honda Civic 10th gen WHAT IS THIS SOUND I AM HEARING ? A3EB8529-1A3C-4513-A0C7-BD9835E43D3F

Honda Civic 10th gen WHAT IS THIS SOUND I AM HEARING ? ECA922D1-3FA4-42E5-9D94-BB503F3A7C9C

Honda Civic 10th gen WHAT IS THIS SOUND I AM HEARING ? 29AAD4F0-14A8-4373-9E4A-3E58105A4EAD

Honda Civic 10th gen WHAT IS THIS SOUND I AM HEARING ? DFA3DEF2-5AE8-4DDA-9960-35A235A74ACC

Honda Civic 10th gen WHAT IS THIS SOUND I AM HEARING ? B2AAA66B-6EF8-42C4-9A21-7A22EA6B385F

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
If you can't change the tire yourself, have it checked out immediately to avoid the possibility of a blowout.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder if you could have busted a belt in the tire and that could cause the sound as well.

SCcivic

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 300zx 2012 Corolla S 2018 Civic Hatchback 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
sounds like a bad wheel bearing. My wife's Civic made this exact humming noise and the dealer found that her wheel bearing was completely destroyed. They warrantied it.
Sponsored