What is this connector?

User378

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
2016 Civic Touring

I had these wires break on my way to work and set off a crap load of warnings. I'm guessing they were pinched by the hood or pulled too tight and finally let go.

1. What does the plug go to?
2. I might be screwed because it broke right at the connector but what would be the best way to repair it?

Thanks.

Honda Civic 10th gen What is this connector? PXL_20211213_170755550~2
Sponsored

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not 100% sure, but it looks attached to the turbo so my guess is it's the turbo wastegate actuator.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It's the connector for the wastegate actuator. I can't see what's broken from your pic but if its functioning correctly still just heatshrink over it or wrap in electrical tape if you're concerned about water ingress.

OP
OP

User378

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
It's the connector for the wastegate actuator. I can't see what's broken from your pic but if its functioning correctly still just heatshrink over it or wrap in electrical tape if you're concerned about water ingress.
The left 2 wires are broke clean off.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can try to take it to Honda for replacement, solder those two wires, or get replacement plug and solder all 5 wires.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s your EWG. That needs to get fixed or you’ll break your turbo or something else. Don’t run any boost until that’s fixed.

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018 Sedan
Country flag
You will need to get that fixed or your car is going to start having some real issues. Soldering or finding someone who can fix wires shouldn’t be too hard. What is the code car is throwing?

OP
OP

User378

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the answers. Had someone solder the wires to the existing connector because Honda only sells the complete engine bay wiring harness.

You will need to get that fixed or your car is going to start having some real issues. Soldering or finding someone who can fix wires shouldn’t be too hard. What is the code car is throwing?
I didn't get the exact codes but the warning that appeared on the dash are brake system, power steering, lane keep assist, emergency brake, hill start assist, emissions system.

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018 Sedan
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the answers. Had someone solder the wires to the existing connector because Honda only sells the complete engine bay wiring harness.

I didn't get the exact codes but the warning that appeared on the dash are brake system, power steering, lane keep assist, emergency brake, hill start assist, emissions system.
Yes those are the issues you are going to get if the wire is not working. Having it. Your code is likely p2565. Turbo charger boost control positioning sensor “A” circuit high

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Did you ever get this fixed? Honda doesn't sell the pigtail and I'm not buying a $700 engine harness

Honda Civic 10th gen What is this connector? 20220801_105124
Sponsored