hatchjen

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017
Country flag
I accidentally pressed this button below the door lock button on the driver's side door of my 2017 Civic LX cvt hatchback and it turned my check engine light on but the check engine light disappeared after I turned it off. I cannot find the description in the owner's manual.
Honda Civic 10th gen What is this button for? 20170920_234708
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I accidentally pressed this button below the door lock button on the driver's side door of my 2017 Civic LX cvt hatchback and it turned my check engine light on but the check engine light disappeared after I turned it off. I cannot find the description in the owner's manual.
20170920_234708.jpg
It keeps passengers from operating their windows from their doors, allowing only the driver to operate all the Windows. Shouldn't have anything to do with the check engine light.

DevilDogDoc

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si Aegean Blue
Country flag
On mine it shuts all the windows but the drivers, even I can't control it from the master switch

OP
OP

hatchjen

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017
Country flag
It keeps passengers from operating their windows from their doors, allowing only the driver to operate all the Windows. Shouldn't have anything to do with the check engine light.
I think you're right that it should not affect the check engine light but weird that it happened. Thanks for the reply.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you're right that it should not affect the check engine light but weird that it happened. Thanks for the reply.
I would try it and if it happens again, video it and go to the dealer. If you don't video it, the second you get to the dealer, the problem will stop and they won't be able to fix it, lol
Sponsored