1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
As stated... what is this bolt(??) used for? Reason I ask, is I just got my car back from collision repair (deer), and this piece was laying under the hood. I know this spot is where it came from, but no way to attach it back in. Does anybody know what it's used for?

Honda Civic 10th gen What is this bolt used for?? InkedShock tower bolt_LI
Sponsored

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
It is used in assembly and owners regularly remove it to get the maximum possible camber in the front.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty sure that’s the pin some people remove to obtain more front camber...

Maybe someone will chime in to confirm :)

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Pretty sure that’s the pin some people remove to obtain more front camber...

Maybe someone will chime in to confirm :)
Yes, that is what it is

OP
OP

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
Ok! I appreciate the quick response and that confirms what I’d hoped that it was inconsequential
2nd question: Would it make sense that only 1 side was removed assuming they adjusted camber during alignment procedure Why wouldn’t they need to remove other side to get equal camber ?

ctrsg

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
maybe the chassis isnt straight on the side adjusted?

Ok! I appreciate the quick response and that confirms what I’d hoped that it was inconsequential
2nd question: Would it make sense that only 1 side was removed assuming they adjusted camber during alignment procedure Why wouldn’t they need to remove other side to get equal camber ?

AjHawk

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Both pins should be installed, or both should be removed. Only exception would be if the vehicle was in an accident and the body shop needed to correct for the damage.

Eugene_Fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R FK8, 2018 RX350 base
Country flag
I mean if they take one off and forgot the other, you can always just take off the pin youself. All you need is some M12 nuts and washers

AjHawk

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
I mean if they take one off and forgot the other, you can always just take off the pin youself. All you need is some M12 nuts and washers
M10x1.25 nut and about four M12 washers.

OP
OP

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
maybe the chassis isnt straight on the side adjusted?
Both pins should be installed, or both should be removed. Only exception would be if the vehicle was in an accident and the body shop needed to correct for the damage.
As stated originally, I did hit a deer, but it was basically a punch in the nose of the car that broke the plastics and bent the hood, it wasn't that hard of a hit to bend the chassis at all. The dealership pulled the bolt out when aligning the car after repair, and for all I know they put it on the rack and didn't do anything or corrected alignment from factory. The car only had about 2500 miles on it at the time.
So my question; Why should they BOTH be installed or removed? They don't serve any purpose after assembly at the factory, so what's the diff if 1 in & 1 out? I guess removing them both just keeps a sharp-eyed future buyer from asking too many questions or assuming something bad. :hmm:

oniichanecchi

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, FRS
Country flag
From my understanding it's a guide pin when putting on the strut so it has a fixed amount of camber. If you take off the black plate, you will notice the other studs have a little bit of play you could mess around for slightly more degrees of camber if that guide pin was removed. There's a video from FlyingGato that explains this better on youtube.
Sponsored