What is the something you found out about the CTR?

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
Hey guys,

I've been driving my Type R for just under 2 months now, and I've been finding out new things about the car that I didn't know before I bought it. I know that some of these things probably just got put on the car from the base model civics, but here's a list of stuff I didn't expect with the CTR.

1. Unlocking the car using the key and then holding the unlock button will roll down all 4 windows. Super useful for airing out the car right before you hop in on a hot day. You can also roll all four windows up by putting the key in the door and turning it to the left.

2. You can coast in second gear without pressing the gas/clutch in parking lots. The car will keep it's rpm's high enough to go around 9-10 mph on a flat surface. I'm not sure if this is standard for all stick shift cars, but I find it very useful going through neighborhoods and complexes.

3. Pressing any of the buttons on the doors will lock the car. There's also a small button to the right of the hatch release that will do the same (You can see it if you look up while the trunk is open). The car will also automatically unlock for you when you put your hand on the door handle or try to open the hatch, which is super nifty. I also do find it a bit annoying that it only unlocks that specific door, and not the entire car.

4. The information on the gauge cluster can be changed via the info button on the steering wheel. (I know, but it took me a month to figure this out...) There's gauges such as gas/brake pedal pressure, stopwatches, navigation, music, and maintenance info. There's also some settings for said info widgets which can be found on the infotainment center.

5. The rubber mat at the bottom of the center console doesn't have a secret engraving like the prototype found at SEMA... I was really disappointed when I found this out haha. Not a big deal, but when I went to show my friends, it was a bit embarrassing finding out it wasn't a thing!

Let me know if there's some other quirks or things you didn't expect that I may have missed. I know I'm still acclimating to the car and figuring out new things every day, so I'll be sure to post more.
Sponsored

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
The car will also automatically unlock for you when you put your hand on the door handle or try to open the hatch, which is super nifty. I also do find it a bit annoying that it only unlocks that specific door, and not the entire car.
You can set it to unlock all doors using the infotainment screen: menu->settings->vehicle

OP
OP
tylermmorton

tylermmorton

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R #1362
Country flag
You can set it to unlock all doors using the infotainment screen: menu->settings->vehicle
You are a life saver! I'll definitely be doing this the next time I hop in the car. I was getting tired of unlocking the door and then reaching in to hit the unlock button for any passengers.

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
Took me 3 weeks to figure out to fully turn off vsa and t/c. You have to be in +r mode and you hold the traction mode for 10 seconds till it beeps and pop up a screen that says it full off. If u just turn off vsa and not t/c when u try to race when you shift u can feel the car slow it down so it doesnt break traction.
Sponsored