What is the highest RPMs’s my L15B7 can run on stock parts.

Odarabla

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
I have a 2019 Civic SI with a KTuner and TSP stage 1 tune. I was wondering if anyone has played with the redline of these motors yet. 6500rpm redline just seems really low. I would love to carry this thing to 7k or higher. Has anyone messed with this yet? If so what were the results? How many RPM’s can the stock motor take? Thanks
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I have a 2019 Civic SI with a KTuner and TSP stage 1 tune. I was wondering if anyone has played with the redline of these motors yet. 6500rpm redline just seems really low. I would love to carry this thing to 7k or higher. Has anyone messed with this yet? If so what were the results? How many RPM’s can the stock motor take? Thanks
With the current stock tune, 6500 RPM, and with TSP's Stage 1 tune, 6500 RPM. Even if you were to move the redline to 7K you would not gain anything due to the limitations of the stock turbo while putting stress on the engine. When you would want to raise the redline is when installing a bigger turbo and of course getting a custom tune. In that case you would move the powerband higher into the RPM range so that you don't throw your rods and or cause excessive torque steer/shred your tires, as this is a FWD platform

OP
OP
Odarabla

Odarabla

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
I was curious to know with the tsp stage one tune if I could make a little More power with the factory turbo by increasing the RPM’s. Do you know if this theory has been truly tested or if it’s speculation at this point? Thanks for responding.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I was curious to know with the tsp stage one tune if I could make a little More power with the factory turbo by increasing the RPM’s. Do you know if this theory has been truly tested or if it’s speculation at this point? Thanks for responding.
Peak power & torque both occur well before redline. You won't gain anything by revving faster, except some unnecessary engine wear

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The way TSP is able to get more power is to increase boost and throttle response, not RPM's. By increasing and holding boost a little longer, more air and fuel can be crammed in. There are additonal bolt-on's that can increase power even more such as DP, mid-pipe, flex fuel kits etc, but these require tunes that will push the power higher into the RPM range. To be able to get more power from higher RPM's, you need a bigger turbo

OP
OP
Odarabla

Odarabla

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Okay, so I have my answer and a path forward. Is there much doubt to run this little engine up to 500whp reliably? I’ve owned fast cars in the past and just getting into the Honda stuff. My last car was a 9 second 4th gen Camaro.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, so I have my answer and a path forward. Is there much doubt to run this little engine up to 500whp reliably? I’ve owned fast cars in the past and just getting into the Honda stuff. My last car was a 9 second 4th gen Camaro.
Stock internals can't safely handle more than around 350tq. As some members on this forum experienced firsthand lol. I think 300whp/300tq and upgraded clutch is the sweet spot for this lightweight FWD platform.

Rich19Si

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
That’s a very expensive question, it’s best to do some research in the Si motor’s capability instead of relying on some answers from random people on these forums. Just my 0.2 cents.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wouldn't run this engine at 500whp without building it's internals out first. In fact I wouldn't run a fwd platform (or something this light) with that much power period. That's just my .2 cents as well

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
There's no reason to increase the rev limit of these engines as the power drops after 5,500 RPM.

OP
OP
Odarabla

Odarabla

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
That’s a very expensive question, it’s best to do some research in the Si motor’s capability instead of relying on some answers from random people on these forums. Just my 0.2 cents.
I understand that. I called PRL and asked this same question. I plan on building the engine to handle the power. Either that or just buy a type R to play with. I’m