What is the best way to get 400 or close to 400 hp?

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
You're most likely getting some knock on 91 (pulling timing), therefore, making slightly less than what the ECU is capable of.

Use 93 or add 2-3 gallons of E85 mix.
They don't sell 93 around here, like the whole state. So far, the closest E85 station I can find is about 20 miles away in areas I generally don't go (Race fuel is available about 3 miles away from home and near where I often go).

I guess I could do the math and mix 91 & 100. But sounds like not worth it unless I get tuned ? So first step is Hondata/KTuner.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
They don't sell 93 around here, like the whole state. So far, the closest E85 station I can find is about 20 miles away in areas I generally don't go (Race fuel is available about 3 miles away from home and near where I often go).

I guess I could do the math and mix 91 & 100. But sounds like not worth it unless I get tuned ? So first step is Hondata/KTuner.
Not worth it to pay for 100 octane.

You could just get a custom tune on 91 as there should be room in the mid range for more boost.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

The 93 basemaps have some pretty significant gains over 91, as do 93 custom tunes over 91, so if you mixed 91 and 100 for 93 and switched your tune you could see some improvement.

There's basemaps for just about every type of fuel, what I was moreso meaning is that just simply switching the fuel without switching the tune won't do anything (and in the case of going DOWN in octane, can be dangerous)

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hondata had outlined the cheapest horsepower for this car follows this progression:

Hondata flash, flex fuel, tune, fmic, then all the other mods. Front pipe supposedly is a big restriction.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Hondata had outlined the cheapest horsepower for this car follows this progression:

Hondata flash, flex fuel, tune, fmic, then all the other mods. Front pipe supposedly is a big restriction.
I would have thought the downpipe would have been earlier in the list :p

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wish I could have put mine on the dyno this year! I feel like I am around 350-370whp with what I have. Plenty of power for the street and I am on pump fuel 91 Octane. Hopefully next season I can get some actually numbers.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
400whp/wtq fbo's(the good ones) and of curse good fuel/tuner will be able to do it

Rob did close to that on 94octane Fbo's oem turbo/fuel system

Last edited:

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag

I enjoy paying 1.99 gallon for E85 , i hope it drops more this winter. saving about 4-5 bucks each full up

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag

And i would agree on that one Hondata E30 Tune to be precise

They say if you disable EGT will get you close to 370HP or more , or is hondata youtube video wrong?
Sponsored