What is the best rear deck speaker replacement??

17Allysonturbo

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic ext
Country flag
Recently I was crusing to the gym playing some music. I noticed the rear speakers were blown. I am looking to replace them with something better. Something with tons of bass. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Honda replaced mine blown ones for free under warranty. My car had maybe 7k miles only. If you have a coupe. The rear deck speakers are NOT made for drop in and will need custom work.

Spunkmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Sedan
Country flag
If you want more bass you're going to want to get some kind of DSP. The factory amp doesn't produce much bass at all.

"Tons of bass" does not come from any factory stereo unfortunately.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Is it possible to user bigger rear speakers back there? The cutoutappears to be able to work with 5.25" drivers.

What modifications or brackets to go with that?

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
its possible, but you have to check your clearances, i managed to fit 5.25" speakers in, but BARELY, and that's including custom cut spacers, "mechanicworx / speakerworx" i think? I'll have to look when i get home but I did find a earlier post talking about this specific topic. I used multiple length mounting screws, some that go through the car and others short enough to only go into the spacer. Foam gasket type material to fill the gaps, and careful use of a L shaped Philips head to not scratch the rear window tint... its a pain to do not going to lie and i spent more than an hour multiple days back there all squished in very uncomfortable arm positionings. its not pretty, i don't recall how the end result was, but my LJ C2 5.25's dont sit flush, and either the bracket is "floating" or the speaker is floating above the bracket, but the speaker back brace rests agianst the car in the speaker hole. I have electrical tape to protect it from rubbing / electrical shorting out should anything go crazy back there.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Even if you replaced them them with something bigger they would still not receive any bass becasue the signal going to them is heavily filtered.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had decent luck with DSP Flat and some Android EQ program which name escapes me. Bass turned up to the max on the standard in car EQ, and adjusted in the App acoustically from there with a microphone and multiple sweeps and fine tuning. Enough Bass to sound good without a sub.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
I've had decent luck with DSP Flat and some Android EQ program which name escapes me. Bass turned up to the max on the standard in car EQ, and adjusted in the App acoustically from there with a microphone and multiple sweeps and fine tuning. Enough Bass to sound good without a sub.
Viper4Android might the EQ app?

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes that's it, I got a picture of my radio when i left for lunch today. And yea I've had enough good luck with it to use and be satisfied with.
Sponsored