Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen What is the best real world MPG average you are getting from 2.0l or 1.5l ima
Just got 413 miles and put in 11.24 gallons

So I had a gallon left it I really wanted to push.

36.7 mpg calculated.

Trellaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX with Honda sensor (nov 16) :)
23mpg steady for me. pretty much all city driving.

Aetheric Continua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Glad I'm not the only one getting sub-30mpg but I must admit I'm a little disappointed that we can't get ~30 with strictly city driving.

Guess that'd be a bit unreasonable :/ Stupid stop-n-go.

cfochs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2008 Honda CRV EX, and 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L
I have a 35 mile commute each way to work, which is mostly all highway. On my first trip with my exl w/ sensing I averaged 43.5. I probably could have done a little better due to the fact that I had the ACC on most of the way. This is almost a 10 mpg increase over my 2011 elantra.

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
Hahah, I know its not a civic, but I bought my accord around the same time most of you were buying the civics (I was planning on getting one as well).

My 2016 Accord v6, is getting 30-32mpg. This is with 25% city / 75% highway driving. Its rated for 21/34.

Mibo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX with Sensing
Did you actually run your car until it shows 0 miles range? How can you keep it from running out of gas in the middle of the road?

image.jpeg
Just got 413 miles and put in 11.24 gallons

So I had a gallon left it I really wanted to push.

36.7 mpg calculated.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2 liter CVT here. Getting 7.5l/100km-37.6mpg after 350km of stop & go and some hwy. Putting the engine through varying loads and speeds. I'm pretty impressed at the efficiency.

Not using eco mode until after break-in.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you actually run your car until it shows 0 miles range? How can you keep it from running out of gas in the middle of the road?
Yes I do.

I base my range on calculations.
Stated mpg from car computer times 12 gallons.

I have gassed up within 1 mile of the low fuel light coming on and it took a little over 10 gallons. Which tells me I have a little more than a couple gallons left to play with.

I am gambling on a few things I admit. But the odds are in my favor with the knowledge of my tank size and estimated mpg on that fill-up, I actually went 6 miles after it went to 0 and it still had 1 gallon left in the tank.

NIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas 4 life
Yes I do.

I base my range on calculations.
Stated mpg from car computer times 12 gallons.

I have gassed up within 1 mile of the low fuel light coming on and it took a little over 10 gallons. Which tells me I have a little more than a couple gallons left to play with.

I am gambling on a few things I admit. But the odds are in my favor with the knowledge of my tank size and estimated mpg on that fill-up, I actually went 6 miles after it went to 0 and it still had 1 gallon left in the tank.
Impressed. This is what I kept thinking of when reading your post :rofl::thumbsup:

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have an EX 2.0L with plus gas and have been getting around 34mpg in the city and 45mpg on the highway on eco mode!

Regular octane would probably bump the mpg up a little, it is what Honda recommends for the Civic.

High octane fuels are for high compression, high performance engines.

woohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Regular octane would probably bump the mpg up a little, it is what Honda recommends for the Civic.

High octane fuels are for high compression, high performance engines.
Really? I actually noticed that I had gotten better gas milage with plus gas vs regular. Before, I was getting around 30-31mpg in the city and 40 or 41 mpg on the highway.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Really? I actually noticed that I had gotten better gas milage with plus gas vs regular. Before, I was getting around 30-31mpg in the city and 40 or 41 mpg on the highway.
Really, may be that you were driving a little differently. And that your Civic is getting broke in. Perhaps not.

Run what you feel comfortable with.

I have always used regular gas in my vehicles that the manufacturer suggests.

Now in my race bikes I use high octane fuels, especially my 2-stroke KTM. Its a high compression motor and it will knock and ping if I use the regular.
Same goes for my KTM 690 Enduro, its a high compression fuel injected 4- stroke motor and it would definately knock and ping if I didn't.
Sponsored

Last edited: