What Is Rev Hang?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thread pruned. The purpose of this thread is to share this video. If you want to argue with someone back and forth, please do it via PM. :)

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
There’s no argument, Vit backs up his claims always. Other guy was spreading information that is incorrect. Appreciate the video nonetheless!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rev Hang is ruining my driving experience. I don't have the extra cash for a tune so that I can remove this so I'm kinda bummed.
Eh, if you are talking about a CTR there is not a tuner to remove it yet anyways. Start saving now and you may be ready once a solution hits the market. :thumbsup:

jetsko84

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic TypeR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No, We have a CTR and an EX-T. Don't notice it in the CTR

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So seriously, why was the bs being spread around in the "knock" thread by a certain vendor allowed to stay but this mess was removed? I guess Im having a hard time understanding how decisions are made as to what stays. There was good info in Vits replies that are now gone

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought it was interesting discussion. I felt I was learning a lot from both sides. It is what it is though.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So seriously, why was the bs being spread around in the "knock" thread by a certain vendor allowed to stay but this mess was removed? I guess Im having a hard time understanding how decisions are made as to what stays. There was good info in Vits replies that are now gone
Initially the posted was closed and left as is. The OP requested it instead be pruned as you find it now. Feel free to report any other posts that you feel need reviewing.

Reactions: Myx

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Initially the posted was closed and left as is. The OP requested it instead be pruned as you find it now. Feel free to report any other posts that you feel need reviewing.
Thanks bud! Appreciate the response. Moderate on my brother!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Loving the rev hang delete thus far! I've only noted one oddity thus far - even when I let up off the throttle super gradually, I still get a small jolt and a small "double shake" indicating a sharp throttle cut off. It's as if it's cutting off sooner than it should, and as a result I'm getting that small jolt. This is not an issue when stepping on the clutch -- only when letting up off the throttle (even extremely slowly). For reference, I am on standard throttle padding (which I assume = none).

On my old "rev-hang-less" Prelude, I would get this behavior if I were to suddenly let off the throttle, but a gradual liftoff produced a smooth transition to vacuum. On the rev hang delete for the SI, I cannot seem to achieve this level of smoothness.

Is this what everyone else is experiencing as well? I'd try a softer throttle padding, but I don't want to lose the quicker rev drops that I'm getting right now. The heavier flywheel already causes the revs to drop slower that I'm used to from the 'lude, even with the rev hang delete.

Thanks in advance for the perspective fellow 10th Gen'ers!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Rev hang disable is only active when the ECU sees zero TPS input. You are then transitioning to full vacuum when it sees zero TPS so you will feel the transition. Add to that fuel cut based on whatever settings you have currently entered.

Prelude was throttle by cable, so there's no comparison there!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rev hang disable is only active when the ECU sees zero TPS input. You are then transitioning to full vacuum when it sees zero TPS so you will feel the transition. Add to that fuel cut based on whatever settings you have currently entered.

Prelude was throttle by cable, so there's no comparison there!
That all makes sense. Glad it's normal - I'll experiment with different padding settings to see if one of those does the trick.

Thanks!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
That all makes sense. Glad it's normal - I'll experiment with different padding settings to see if one of those does the trick.

Thanks!
Not a problem. Padding will definitely lower the throttle command so you may find it a bit smoother, but it'll also dumb down the take off from a stop so keep that in mind!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not a problem. Padding will definitely lower the throttle command so you may find it a bit smoother, but it'll also dumb down the take off from a stop so keep that in mind!
Fair point - I'm assuming that using the lightest padding option will still significantly less dumbed down than stock though, correct?

jetsko84

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic TypeR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today a Saab 95 Aero was toying with me and the dreaded Rev Hang kept me from enjoying our little drag race, how ever I believe he wasn't sure why I was keeping up with him....Its only a real issue for me going from 1st to 2nd. Other gears I dont encounter it as much.
Sponsored