What is Knock Count and Knock Control (defined)

Kelson_10

First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ex-t coupe
Country flag
i’m at .61 idle not sure if that’s bad

basically stock 2016 ext coupe 1.5t
intake, tsp stage 1 non-si, invidia catback,
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What gas are you using?
What he said. And it depends on when you saw that .61 idle number. Had you just been pushing it hard? Climbing a hill? And sometimes you can just get a bad batch of gas.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

SplinterC3ll

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Plus 2017
Country flag
hi guys, I am having some difficulties with this subject, if someone knows how to solve it that would be great.

I live in Azores and we have 95 and 98 octane gasoline, I think it is equivalent to 91 and 93 US. The all mighty government decided to end the 98. The problem, hondata does not have my firmware unlocked, so I can't monitor knock with their tool.

the only solution I came up with is with an elm327 ODB2 and my question is what ODB2 tool can see the knock ? I have tried several and only one can see the " misfire cylinder 1,2,3,4" and the angle of ignition. The angle is nice, but as I don't know the real angle from the map, I can't compare.
So I need a tool that can see " knock control" and after reading a lot I think this is the key, I mean, this is when the ECU commands the ignition angle to retard or advance according the gas quality.

i don't have any kind of tunning but I like to keep my engine clean and 100% reliable. For me, a new intercooler might just be the solution to a "0 knock events or 0 ignition angle changes at WOT" but I need to test it
Sponsored