What is going to be the rare bling accessory for our car in 15 years?

Ducky

juiceboxes
First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Website
brandonforster.com
Car(s)
'07 LBP S2000, '19 CW CTR
Country flag
For example, on EG and EK Civics, OEM bras are pretty expensive because they're very visible and not many people bought them when the cars were new.

What accessory in the catalog is going to be that for our cars in 2035?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess we'll know the answer for sure in 2035. :cool: My crystal ball is broken, sorry.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Generally any OEM accessory since those are the first to be discontinued.

JayeGee

JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
Outside of accessories I would say the seats & maybe a shot in the dark the oem rims why i say rims cuz we dont give a F about them today but 15 yrs from now they will probably be almost gone thats my 2 cents.

b534202

Reaction score
Car(s)
19 CTR
Country flag
For example, on EG and EK Civics, OEM bras are pretty expensive because they're very visible and not many people bought them when the cars were new.

What accessory in the catalog is going to be that for our cars in 2035?
People get car bras for bling?

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
If you pattern how the OEM accessories of the EF, EG & EK are priced today, i would say every FK8 OEM accessory will be gold in 15-20 years.

willskiGT

Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Outside of accessories I would say the seats & maybe a shot in the dark the oem rims why i say rims cuz we dont give a F about them today but 15 yrs from now they will probably be almost gone thats my 2 cents.
This.

Although the ITR was made in much smaller numbers, many of them were modded (like the CTR) or stolen. Original seats and wheels are very expensive as a result.

OEM wheels will be the most "premium" item in 20 years if this car becomes a collectible (unlikely, IMO).

CTSteve

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
This.

Although the ITR was made in much smaller numbers, many of them were modded (like the CTR) or stolen. Original seats and wheels are very expensive as a result.

OEM wheels will be the most "premium" item in 20 years if this car becomes a collectible (unlikely, IMO).
Collectible, likely, in my opinion a lot of these cars are being ruined by extensive mechanical mods, wrecks, track days, abuse, etc., and it will be discontinued as Honda commits to electric cars. This is going to be the last gas Type R. Wheels, yes, if you can pick up an extra set, or more on the Internet as people foolishly discard them it might be worthwhile. Also, the OEM floor mats with metal logo.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I actually like my oem wheels better than most aftermarket ones I've seen.

bakingpancake

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic si 2018
Country flag
Collectible, likely, in my opinion a lot of these cars are being ruined by extensive mechanical mods, wrecks, track days, abuse, etc., and it will be discontinued as Honda commits to electric cars. This is going to be the last gas Type R. Wheels, yes, if you can pick up an extra set, or more on the Internet as people foolishly discard them it might be worthwhile. Also, the OEM floor mats with metal logo.
I mean Honda did built these cars to track so people will track them!

TypeSiR

First Name
Ridiculosaurus
Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag