What if the 2016 Civic Coupe Prototype was fitted with some Concept parts

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Really, really hoping they change at least the front bumper.. looks like a banana. I can't see how it would be so hard to use the concept's front bumper. Side mirrors, exhaust, sure, understood. But the front bumper is the most noticeable part of the concept's aggressive look. Now it just looks like they revamped the 2012 coupe's taillights and re-launched as the 10th gen.

Not impressed unless they change that bumper. Grr, had such high hopes for these past 6 months!! :banghead:

Looks like I'll be holding onto my 2012 until 2017 when they'll likely change it.
I love the look of the concept car too but it's just not realistic to have expected the production version to look like that. Besides, the patent drawings revealed earlier this year already showed what we should expect the production coupe to look like.

In my opinion the #1 reason why the standard coupe didn't get the concept's bumper design is because those are way too aggressive to be on a standard car anyway. They'd be too aggressive even for the Si. They were meant to be concept only. It's just not in keeping with Honda's styling to make a standard model look like that and would probably actually hurt sales, except to younger enthusiasts. Honda has to sell this car to 30-40,000 people per month. That covers a huge demographic of buyers, including a lot of people that wouldn't buy the car if it was styled like a race car like the concept.
Sponsored

pitythefool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic
Honda Civic 10th gen What if the 2016 Civic Coupe Prototype was fitted with some Concept parts hHpbEAY

Car looks fine if you put the concept bumpers and spoiler on it. The bigger rims and stuff don't seem as important as the aforementioned changes.

The black tape covering up the edges of lights and stuff along with the low quality of the photo definitely aren't helping the cause at this point.

H_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Si
Honda Civic 10th gen What if the 2016 Civic Coupe Prototype was fitted with some Concept parts hHpbEAY

Car looks fine if you put the concept bumpers and spoiler on it. The bigger rims and stuff don't seem as important as the aforementioned changes.

The black tape covering up the edges of lights and stuff along with the low quality of the photo definitely aren't helping the cause at this point.
Yea the differences are mostly in the bumper and rear spoiler as your photoshop shows. And the black tape covering the C pillar window trim makes a significant difference. Makes the rear 1/3 of the car look extra big.

If any aftermarket company is smart they'll just copy the concept bumpers as an aftermarket body kit.

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
I love the look of the concept car too but it's just not realistic to have expected the production version to look like that. Besides, the patent drawings revealed earlier this year already showed what we should expect the production coupe to look like.

In my opinion the #1 reason why the standard coupe didn't get the concept's bumper design is because those are way too aggressive to be on a standard car anyway. They'd be too aggressive even for the Si. They were meant to be concept only. It's just not in keeping with Honda's styling to make a standard model look like that and would probably actually hurt sales, except to younger enthusiasts. Honda has to sell this car to 30-40,000 people per month. That covers a huge demographic of buyers, including a lot of people that wouldn't buy the car if it was styled like a race car like the concept.
Yep IMO it makes more sense to just offer the spoiler as an optional factory accessory instead of having all coupe models like like this and risk turning off some buyers who just want an attractive sporty but not over the top coupe.

Either that or just save it all for the Si/Type R which will be the types of buyers that will want something like this anyway.

Viet_Racer

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic EM1
Country flag

Even if the design wasn't considered too aggressive, it might have been too impractical. It hangs much lower than the one on the prototype and may scrape too much to be on a daily everyday car like the Civic is.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking forward to the Si trim to be reveiled.
Sponsored