What have you done with your Trump bucks?

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ITT: some people spending their US stimulus check on Chinese car parts, and a few people injecting money into bloated wallstreet. :what:
Sponsored

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
ITT: some people spending their US stimulus check on Chinese car parts, and a few people injecting money into bloated wallstreet. :what:
Everything is made in China. Americans make very few products, so whatever you buy (smart phones, TV's etc) it's Chinese, Korean or Taiwanese made. The parts I bought (RR Racing) are made in the USA (Exton, PA) and the F-Sport parts are made by Toyota Racing Division Oyama, Japan. Now as far as investing in the stock market, if you know what you are doing that would be a smart place to put your stimulus money

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everything is made in China. Americans make very few products, so whatever you buy (smart phones, TV's etc) it's Chinese, Korean or Taiwanese made. The parts I bought (RR Racing) are made in the USA (Exton, PA) and the F-Sport parts are made by Toyota Racing Division Oyama, Japan. Now as far as investing in the stock market, if you know what you are doing that would be a smart place to put your stimulus money
True, and it is possible to buy 100% made in America car parts, and for smaller companies like PRL, 27Won, MAP, that would be a good use on money.

As for the stock market, is it a smart place because of personal return or because it helps stimulate the economy? Thats a tougher one to answer.

I spent my check on a dinner/bed and breakfast at really high quality local place out in the Virginia country side. The restaurant is pretty much what sustains the small community it resides in.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
True, and it is possible to buy 100% made in America car parts, and for smaller companies like PRL, 27Won, MAP, that would be a good use on money.

As for the stock market, is it a smart place because of personal return or because it helps stimulate the economy? Thats a tougher one to answer.

I spent my check on a dinner/bed and breakfast at really high quality local place out in the Virginia country side. The restaurant is pretty much what sustains the small community it resides in.
Nope, stock market is definitely a personal return on investment, although a stock market crash has the potential of tanking other markets such as the housing market and can put a stop to borrowing, refinancing etc. But it could be argued that only a small segment of society benefits from home ownership anyway...

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I just want to say to everyone and the admins that this post is not meant to be outright political. It's neither pro or con one party or another, it's a fun way to ask how people spent their stimulus. Some posts were deleted by the admins so it was probably starting to get political. Thanks to all of you who shared how you did your part in stimulating the economy! Or what a hoarder you are :p

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
I put up a fence in my back yard. 90% of the money went to the materials and the other 10% went to my work buddy who helped me out in labor. Boring but needed to be done. If we get another check, I will most likely put it towards W1 turbo.

shiva57

First Name
shiva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Hey there! Reading about what people are doing with their Trump bucks is interesting. I didn't upgrade my car, but I did use mine to pay off some bills and invest in a new laptop for work. It's great that you're investing your money towards upgrading your car. The RR Racing Ultimate Steering Response System Lower Control Arm Polyurethane bushing sounds worthwhile. I also suggest checking out this site to learn about political news. Good luck!
Sponsored

Last edited: