Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I stand corrected ^_^. But it sounds like you should rent out a dyno for remote tuning. Might double the total cost.
Or the remote tuner would be waiting a long time for you to find the right moment to do that highway pull lol.

Wait.... cell phone to laptop tethered teamviewer connection? Def gotta rent out that dyno for this and hope they have WiFi.
No he told me for remote tuning can be street or on a dyno.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tehSteve

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
No he told me for remote tuning can be street or on a dyno.
So he uses magic to connect to the laptop in your car for a street tune?
Nah. You are stuck with using your phone as a mobile hotspot and connecting your laptop to it.

I turned on my mobile hotspot on my phone to run Honda Map program (or whatever it's called). Kept dropping on at&t iphonex.
I could imagine how much more bandwidth demanding a program like teamviewer is.
Especially when you need to see the numbers updating in real-time and can't afford to lag out.

I'd stick with remote tuning on a dyno where the shop has a wireless signal.
Or just straight up go with an e-tune.

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Well i hope the ktuner with vit stage 1 that i ordered last week actually ships..
I ordered a ktuner/custom tune combo... wondering how that's going to work now since I haven't got my tune yet :hmm:

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
He definitely made the right decision for himself, he’s going to be better off financially because wealthy people love MoTeC and it’s popular in the track/drag world. Sad to see him go because he offered crazy good products and tunes. I don’t blame some of the people that are sad and or mad. When you have worked with him for years, it’s hard to just switch over to someone else so I get that, ( he tuned my 8th gen and 9th gen and my 10th, so I know the feeling.. )

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Well i hope the ktuner with vit stage 1 that i ordered last week actually ships..
Chances are you’ll get the Ktuner unit, but you’ll be refunded the price for the tuning. Or he will refund the whole order.
I ordered a ktuner/custom tune combo... wondering how that's going to work now since I haven't got my tune yet :hmm:
You’ll probably get a refund. Services are no longer available.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

blackonblackSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si 2015ex 2012 Dodge Avenger
Country flag
I just got my stage 2 emailed to me Friday night. Flashed Saturday morning #iminlove just waiting on my prl pipes

10Gensi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
I just got my stage 2 emailed to me Friday night. Flashed Saturday morning #iminlove just waiting on my prl pipes
How did you get in touch with them to email them your info? I just tried and got returned to send error. I want my stage 1 or my money back ASAP.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I mentioned this yesterday but no one replied. Doesn't Vit claim unlimited revisions when you purchase an e-tune? Are those people stuck with whatever revision they have now?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mentioned this yesterday but no one replied. Doesn't Vit claim unlimited revisions when you purchase an e-tune? Are those people stuck with whatever revision they have now?
If he's not tuning for us anymore... and they're all locked, then they'll stay that way, without revisions...

Honda Civic 10th gen what happened to Vit? giphy

It was a good deal when he was doing it years ago, long before gen 10 was out. If you just got your tune recently... it does kind of suck, as that was a decent selling point. As I recall, it was only $100 for a revision when mods were added too.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How did you get in touch with them to email them your info? I just tried and got returned to send error. I want my stage 1 or my money back ASAP.
If you ordered his stage 1 ktuner kit then your paying the same elsewhere without the tune anyways lol. He isn’t charging more unless you bought his custom etune

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vit just messaged me on FB saying they are fullfilling all stage 1 and stage 2 ktuner packages and said they are keeping that part going on.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.