What grade of gas do you put in your SI?

What fuel do you use?

• Regular

Votes: 26 7.4%
  • Midgrade

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Premium

Votes: 315 89.2%

• Total voters

ice raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 AGB Civic Si
Country flag
When i purchased my SI i was told that the vehicle was able to run on regular OR premium. Now i know a thing or two about cars and it seemed a little off hearing this...But id like to hear from you guys. What fuel do you put in your SI's?
Sponsored

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always use the manufacturer recommended gas grade. In this case, Premium, although I'm pretty sure the full tank I got when I took delivery was regular. I waited until my low gas light came on before filling it up to get rid of as much of it as I could (normally I don't like to let it get below half).

OP
OP
ice raptor

ice raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 AGB Civic Si
Country flag
I always use the manufacturer recommended gas grade. In this case, Premium, although I'm pretty sure the full tank I got when I took delivery was regular. I waited until my low gas light came on before filling it up to get rid of as much of it as I could (normally I don't like to let it get below half).
Yeah i believe that was the same for me. I knew that high compression engines needed premium fuel so it made me a a bit confused when he told me that. Thanks for the info! Im doing the same and waiting till its almost all gone before filling her up with a nice tank of premium. My last car took premium as well so its not a big shocker for me.

rushwal

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That first free tank of gas was regular for me... Sales lady said "Yes, it takes Regular gas". Premium ever since.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Premium here too. I tried out 87, 89 and 93. Overall, the car runs better and gets better gas mileage (2-4mpg) with 93.

OP
OP
ice raptor

ice raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 AGB Civic Si
Country flag
I think all i have here thats near me is 91. But a lot better then the regular thats in the tank right now. So it gets better MPG with premium as well?

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think all i have here thats near me is 91. But a lot better then the regular thats in the tank right now. So it gets better MPG with premium as well?
It appears that way. Was averaging 34-36mpg with a tank of regular, 37-38mpg with premium

OP
OP
ice raptor

ice raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 AGB Civic Si
Country flag
Wow thats pretty nice. I was planning to do premium but this has pretty much sold me on it regardless.

TophersSI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe 2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Vehicle Showcase
When i purchased my SI i was told that the vehicle was able to run on regular OR premium. Now i know a thing or two about cars and it seemed a little off hearing this...But id like to hear from you guys. What fuel do you put in your SI's?
Only premium!

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
The engine is build with premium in mind. While it work with regular I don't think it's the best for reliability.
In the manual it states that with regular ECU will pull timing to protect itself because of knock.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
91, which is the highest grade a available at the pump where I live.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It appears that way. Was averaging 34-36mpg with a tank of regular, 37-38mpg with premium
I had a similar experience. Spouse kindly volunteered to fill the tank, I forgot to tell her what kind of gas. Probably around 3-4 mpg lower on a tank of regular versus premium. Presumably, as stated above, because the ECU changes the timing to prevent engine knock.

For my driving (crowded interstate highway commuting) I have not noticed a difference in mileage or performance between 89 and 93 octane fuel.

I hear of many folks using 91 octane fuel. Oddly, we usually have 87, 89, or 93 octane available.

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
Premium only in fact i drive a couple miles out of the way to get 93 over 91. Luckily for me i know the guy who took my car to do the first fill up at the dealer so i got premium fuel from the start.
Sponsored