What grade of gas do you put in your SI?

What fuel do you use?

• Regular

Votes: 26 7.4%
  • Midgrade

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Premium

Votes: 315 89.2%

• Total voters

bigbacon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
In VA where i am 87 is 3.12 a gallon
93 is like 3.80 a gallon.
Sponsored

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
BP 93.
Sometimes mix e85 to an ethanol mix of e35ish for a couple tanks here and there but not when stations are on the winter blend.
Car is a different animal on ethanol. Running tsp stage 2.

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The previous owner used regular gas, My injectors looked BAD when I took them out and replaced them, major carbon build up.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
The previous owner used regular gas, My injectors looked BAD when I took them out and replaced them, major carbon build up.
I know they add cleaners to premium gas. Does it really work?

Do you guys use fuel injector cleaners? With my previous car, I used Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner.

Last edited:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Ran 87 in mine until I tuned the car with Ktuner. Now I use 91 only, to keep Knock control down. (93 not available in AZ).
I was recently in AZ for a while and found a Love's gas station that sold 100 octane Sunoco unleaded racing gas. You could see if that's available to you locally and boost your premium with 1 or 2 gallons of it. In general the 91 oct premium I found from many stations in AZ was garbage and led to knock control swinging all over the place, higher than I had ever seen at home before.

I have TSP stage 1+ for Si and I normally use 92 oct premium with a gallon of E85 per tank, and my knock control never moves.

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fuel injection cleaners don't really do too much in direct injection cars. It will clean your injectors, but you can't clean out the carbon build up on the valves anymore by an additive in the tank. Direct injection system sprays the fuel directly into the cylinder instead of before the valves.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Fuel injection cleaners don't really do too much in direct injection cars. It will clean your injectors, but you can't clean out the carbon build up on the valves anymore by an additive in the tank. Direct injection system sprays the fuel directly into the cylinder instead of before the valves.
Then what works with these direct injection engines?

So, is it better to use gasoline with added cleansing agents?

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is supposed to help direct injected cars, but I don't know how much. Automotive shops have a machine that they hook up to clean out the carbon deposits but it isn't a cheap thing to have done

Th3HighLif3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm usually running around on e30ish, blended with 93.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I use Costco premium (91 Octane here) and it's currently $4.39/gal. Regular stations are well over $5/gal for premium.

I think gas should be $1/gallon for all of you leaving SoCal for Idaho, Texas, and Tennessee. LOL.

20BlackSi

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2021 Silverado 1500 RST
Country flag
I use premium just about every time but there were a couple occasions that I caught myself pumping 87 oct. out of habit. The car appeared to run the same, I couldn't tell the difference.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
It will clean your injectors, but you can't clean out the carbon build up on the valves anymore by an additive in the tank. Direct injection system sprays the fuel directly into the cylinder instead of before the valves.
I think they figured out the injectors spray angled onto the intake valves.

Honda Civic 10th gen What grade of gas do you put in your SI? valve

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI (Sedan)
Country flag
I was recently in AZ for a while and found a Love's gas station that sold 100 octane Sunoco unleaded racing gas. You could see if that's available to you locally and boost your premium with 1 or 2 gallons of it. In general the 91 oct premium I found from many stations in AZ was garbage and led to knock control swinging all over the place, higher than I had ever seen at home before.

I have TSP stage 1+ for Si and I normally use 92 oct premium with a gallon of E85 per tank, and my knock control never moves.
Thanks for the response here! My K. Con stays between .49 -.54 at the highest with Shell 91. I can’t believe you found 100 octane out here! I’ll have to do some research in seeing if there’s anything like that locally in the PHX area.

17redsi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I use premium in mine. Cost is $1.40 a liter here in southern Ontario at Costco. This is equivalent to $5.30 a gallon US......
Sponsored