What grade of gas do you put in your SI?

What fuel do you use?

• Regular

Votes: 26 7.4%
  • Midgrade

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • Premium

Votes: 315 89.2%

• Total voters

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
I use premium in mine. Cost is $1.40 a liter here in southern Ontario at Costco. This is equivalent to $5.30 a gallon US......
No, it's not equivalent because our dollars are not the same. $1.40 CAD per liter = $4.21 USD per gallon... which is less than the average cost of premium in California. So you're not paying that much even by Canadian standards.

91 in Vancouver is $1.80 CAD per liter which is $5.42 USD per gallon. No state currently has an average of more than $5 for premium.

I pay about $1.72/liter in Calgary for 94 for my Phearable car, settling for 91 only when 94 is not available outside of Calgary.
Sponsored

Last edited:

17redsi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
No, it's not equivalent because our dollars are not the same. $1.40 CAD per liter = $4.21 USD per gallon... which is less than the average cost of premium in California. So you're not paying that much even by Canadian standards.

91 in Vancouver is $1.80 CAD per liter which is $5.42 USD per gallon. No state currently has an average of more than $5 for premium.

I pay about $1.72/liter in Calgary for 94 for my Phearable car, settling for 91 only when 94 is not available outside of Calgary.

Ahhhh yes you're right. I just googled a site and threw the numbers in lol. It showed $4.21 as well but I missed it. You win some you lose some lol. Gas here is around $1.40 for regular and about $1.67 for 91. Costco just has a much better price. Its nice our cars are decent on gas at least! Did you notice a decrease in fuel economy with the tune? I'm doing mine in the spring.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Ahhhh yes you're right. I just googled a site and threw the numbers in lol. It showed $4.21 as well but I missed it. You win some you lose some lol. Gas here is around $1.40 for regular and about $1.67 for 91. Costco just has a much better price. Its nice our cars are decent on gas at least! Did you notice a decrease in fuel economy with the tune? I'm doing mine in the spring.
I don't really track the mileage... but I don't think it's significant. I tend to drive the car a bit more aggressively take advantage of the extra responsiveness but even then it's not bad at all. In map 1 driving normally there's probably no measurable difference.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I used to travel between Montreal and Toronto often (~550km one way, 2-3 times per month).
At the time, my daily commute was a MB CLK350. I did measure the gas mileages using regular and premium gas. My finding was the mileages decreased by 10-15% when regular gas was used. At these trips, I set cruise control to 110 KMPH.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
I've never put 87 in my Si but I am curious on an all-highway trip if there was a big mileage difference between 91 and 94.
Sponsored