What good aftermarket components fit the best?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I currently run JBL 629 coaxials with Polk db1001 tweeters for the fronts in my '17 LX coupe, and would like to upgrade them to a component set that fits cleanly in both the doors and the tweeter sail housings.

I originally added the Polk tweeters because they fit perfectly in the stock sail panels and added the JBL coaxials to replace the stock speakers, but feel like components would be better coordinated than my current set up.

Can anyone recommend a decent component set that fits perfectly in the doors (6.5" - 6.75" size) and also flush in the tweeter sail housings? Ideally with no modifications required for proper fitment.

They would be powered by a Dasaita aftermarket head unit, and I also have a 15" sub to cover the low-end.

If anyone could help that would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
So I wound up ordering these Polk db6501's:

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-D...words=polk+db6501&qid=1576592636&s=car&sr=1-1

I checked the dimensions on the tweeters and they seem to be an exact match to the Polk db1001's I am currently running, so hopefully it will be a simple swap requiring zero modifications for both the tweeters and mids.

Now just gotta figure out how to mount the crossovers, but will try some foam double-sided tape.

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
So I wound up ordering these Polk db6501's:

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-D...words=polk+db6501&qid=1576592636&s=car&sr=1-1

I checked the dimensions on the tweeters and they seem to be an exact match to the Polk db1001's I am currently running, so hopefully it will be a simple swap requiring zero modifications for both the tweeters and mids.

Now just gotta figure out how to mount the crossovers, but will try some foam double-sided tape.
So just to update (putting this out there in case any other people have the same question as me), I got them installed successfully and was able to do so without any drilling or trimming necessary to get the tweeters to fit in the sail panels. They also fit perfectly flush within the housing (it appears the tweeters in the db6501 components are identical to the db1001's, with the only difference being the crossovers) and the mid-woofers fit perfectly using the American International HSB524 Speaker Ring Adapters. The only other things needed was the Metra 72-7800 Harness Adapters and 12 red spade terminals.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002BEPJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
You should post some pics of how the tweeters look

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
You should post some pics of how the tweeters look
Great idea:

Honda Civic 10th gen What good aftermarket components fit the best? 20191225_000129
Honda Civic 10th gen What good aftermarket components fit the best? 20191225_000154
Honda Civic 10th gen What good aftermarket components fit the best? 20191225_000545

(As for the last pic, I figured this would be a good as time as any to show off my portable rave, lol)

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
You weren't kidding, those really do fit perfectly

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Do you have any information on the wiring? Specifically, the crossovers?
The Polk db6501's come with crossovers, you can use Metra 72-7800 Harness Adapters to connect the wiring from the OEM speaker connections directly to the crossovers (that I mounted inside the doors using double sided foam tape), then connect the tweeters and midwoofers to the crossovers. I think I had to buy a bunch of spade terminals too. Also, make sure to check the polarity on the Metra 72-7800 Harness Adapters using a multimeter since I forgot if the colors are coded correctly.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have those same tweeters. No complaints. Sound great. They really fill out the high end nicely while being able to handle high volumes without distortion. Would recommend.

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
So if I order 2 sets of those I can use them in the rear correct?
I can't speak for 4 door models since I have the coupe which has smaller rear speakers, but if your rears are the same size as the fronts and if you can get both front and rear tweeter mounts from the higher trims then I don't see why not.
Sponsored