AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
The problem with Costco is you always have to wait in line for over ten minutes to get your gas. I don’t like idling my car for that long. So I know longer use Costco gas.
You dont like idling your car for 10 minutes? Have you ever been stuck in Chicago traffic before? LOL
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
You dont like idling your car for 10 minutes? Have you ever been stuck in Chicago traffic before? LOL
Depends on time of day :p But the temps looks horrid in the Midwest for the upcoming week... I’ll probably warm up my car for like 10 minutes so I’m not an icicle when I get into my car in the mornings :p Lows starting to hit the negatives in Chicagoland :(

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Depends on time of day :p But the temps looks horrid in the Midwest for the upcoming week... I’ll probably warm up my car for like 10 minutes so I’m not an icicle when I get into my car in the mornings :p Lows starting to hit the negatives in Chicagoland :(
haha I ask it jokingly but Ive definitely been stuck at almost an idle for a fair amount of time getting into and out of the chicago area. Now I make sure I come down from the north on Lakeshore instead, but even then its brutal.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
haha I ask it jokingly but Ive definitely been stuck at almost an idle for a fair amount of time getting into and out of the chicago area. Now I make sure I come down from the north on Lakeshore instead, but even then its brutal.
I always think to myself, it could be worse ? seems to keep some morals up. I do my best to avoid rush hour if I’m ever in the city.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Chevron or Shell 91 exclusively.

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
Oh, I have, and not to my liking. I rarely have to deal with heavy traffic.
But as you know, idling a car is not a good thing for motors, especially DI motors.
Listening to you guys talk about idling vehicles and cars parked outdoors in the bitter cold overnight, I’m going to let my CTR know tonight just how good she has it.

Last edited:

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Oh, I have, and not to my liking. I rarely have to deal with heavy traffic.
But as you know, idling a car is not a good thing for motors, especially DI motors.
Listening to you guys talk about idling vehicles and cars parked outdoors in the bitter cold overnight, I’m going to let my CTR know tonight just how good she has it.
why is it not good to idle a DI motor?

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
shell v power 93 (2 blocks away, good gas and .20 cents off per gallon on thursdays ?)

SpicyPIXEL

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Civic Type R #43027
Country flag
Valero 93 (Top Tier) and 2 miles from where I live, plus they have E85 for when I go flex fuel

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Shell or chevron. As long as it says, “Top tier gas” you shouldnt be worried.

From what I understand with excessive idling on gdi engines, is more carbon buildup like you would get with short trips where the engine doesnt get up to temp.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Chevron 91 is what I put in my Type R. 89 for the Odyssey, Accord and 87 for the CR-V.