Country flag
using 95 oct.. we also have 98 oct

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
From Luxemburg Shell V-power 98 (in reality over 100 always, last time they tested was 106 - I have smb working at the lab). No ethanol. Costs 1.30-1.40 eur/liter. This is an ok-ish price for premium gasoline in EU.
When I go to Germany Shell V-power Racing 100. About the same but rebranded. Costs 1.50-1.80 eur/liter. Higher taxes in Germany.
Everywhere else I go in Europe I try to fuel from Shell, maybe BP, Total at limit.
Figures are RON ratings.

Last edited:

breakingakajav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP FK8, 91 Miata, 19 X-trek
Country flag
BP 93...I don't even have it FlashPro yet but I'd rather not deal with knocking.

Would prefer to use Shell over BP but there are no Shells in a convenient place near me, also B.P. has same price card/cash which means I never have to deal with cash.

HumbleSage

The Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2, 2008 Civic SI's. 1 Ralleye Red (Stock). 1 Fiji Blue Pearl (Modified). 1 2017 Civic Type-R (Stock)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't run anything less than 93 octane. No problems. Currently all stock. 25k mi. Hope this helps.

Deleted member 31314

Whats the main difference that you feel with shell 91 and Ultra 94. I have always put in ultra 94 and nothing else.
My wallet lol....no honestly I don't really notice a difference, right now I tend to use 91 because its still cheaper and I am not tuned. If I was tuned (depending on the tune) I would stick to 94. When I had my Evo I was tuned to 94 and you could feel the difference, well at least I could mainly because of the more aggressive tuning vs my 91 tune.

ken_414

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R FK8 MY19
Country flag
Been using Shell 98 since the day she was born. It's more expensive but got to give her the best.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Ive heard people rag on Shell gas for some reason, but ive personally only heard good things about it. I use Shell 91 V power personally.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Ive heard people rag on Shell gas for some reason, but ive personally only heard good things about it. I use Shell 91 V power personally.
Shell gas is great with cleaning additives but do not tune on shell gas

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I tuned on 91 with shell On a dyno ,car started to knock, tuner asked me what gas a put in the car i responded shell , he then told shell is good for normal driving with oem tune but once the car gets tuned he told me not to use shell its not good gas for tuned cars he has had many problems with others filling up with shell and tuning the car i believe him because he is one of the best tuners in the island specialy with Hondas again im only referring on tuned cars not stock . Could be all the cleaning additives mislxed in thats just me saying .

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I tuned on 91 with shell On a dyno ,car started to knock, tuner asked me what gas a put in the car i responded shell , he then told shell is good for normal driving with oem tune but once the car gets tuned he told me not to use shell its not good gas for tuned cars he has had many problems with others filling up with shell and tuning the car i believe him because he is one of the best tuners in the island specialy with Hondas again im only referring on tuned cars not stock . Could be all the cleaning additives mislxed in thats just me saying .

Thanks for the explanation. I wonder if it is due to the cleaning additives. Im surrounded by shit gas in my area. Lots of Kwik Trips and Holidays, very little Shell and BP.
Sponsored