Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Shell 91 or Shell 93 when I'm in the states. Probably a myth but I heard that fueling from the same brand is "good". probably densest matter, especially on a newer car like the Type R but I've kinda stuck with it.
93 is the best for sealevel altitudes
running the flex fuel e40 tune is the next best thing from hondata, i just run e30
Sponsored

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use Chevron 94 octane

Where do you get 94 octane...? I live in Miami (basically under water) and we only have 93 octane here or racing fuel.... (of course E85 etc) but I have never seen 94 octane...

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Ethanol for sure improves performance in a turbo vehicle. It cant hurt the car but with 100 percent pure gas you will get better fuel milage.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ucf_bronco

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My 2010 TL recommended using only fuel from top tier stations, which I knew nothing about originally. Now I'm a homer and only fill up from Shell / Chevron / Mobil / BP and of course use only 93 octane (since in my area most stations only carry 87 / 89 / 93).

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
In my 2018 ABM R, I only used 91 non-oxygenated gasoline. Car was bone stock. I put 8,000 general-use miles on it, no track...and no problems.

Now, with my 2019 CW R, I have been doing the same for the first 600 miles. Car is bone stock.

Am I wasting my money on non-oxygenated fuel? I have no plans to track...I believe I will get better mileage with the non-oxygenated than with 10% or 15% ethanol added...agree?

I guess I’m really having trouble finding a definitive source that tells me one way or the other which is better to use in my situation, oxygenated or non-oxygenated. I’ve tried searching for which is best in high-performance engines, but I only find reference to mostly small engine, classic cars and marine use.

Is there a definitive treatise on the topic of oxygenated vs. non-oxygenated fuel in modern, non-modified, high-performance street cars?

(BTW, the car is garaged from November to April (or so) and the fuel is treated with Stabil; I also utilize a “smart” battery tender on battery).

Any opinions and thoughts welcome; those that really know, their responses are even more appreciated!!
I can't add anything useful to your question but my question in reading this is, what happened to your first R?

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Have plenty of 93 here in eastern PA, but wish I could find a solid e85 station close to home. :-(

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
5 gallons of E85 and the remainder 93 octane, usually gets me closest to E40 blend.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Arco 91. Now that it's "top tier" is there really any benefit of buying more expensive gas in CA?

razi_fk8

First Name
Razi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonic Grey FK8 & Civic Sport FK7
Country flag
Shell 99 here in the UK, most tracks here also do 102 octane :)

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
The European owners’ manual says not to use fuel containing more than 10% ethanol. It also says that continued use of regular fuel can lead to engine damage. So, I dunno...stop being such a dick, Duck.

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
The European owners’ manual says not to use fuel containing more than 10% ethanol. It also says that continued use of regular fuel can lead to engine damage. So, I dunno...stop being such a dick, Duck.
because euro people dont have ethanol , they also receive a different tune from factory ,

get hondata and use ethanol