What Front Splitter is everyone running?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey salmon, super late question reply, but did you ever have any issues with your front splitter at high speed?? Love the look and would like one myself. I had an aeroflow dynamics splitter, installed with their included hardware kit, and it tore off from my bumper when going about 80 over a bridge with high wind (guess at least it was actually providing down force, in hindsight lol.)
It was rock solid at high speed. No issues at 135mph. My kid stood on it with no issues 🤣

I lost mine when it dug in a bad section of blacktop (stinking tree roots)

Honda Civic 10th gen What Front Splitter is everyone running? PXL_20230820_221511700

I picked up a replacement section for it, but I'm thinking of going in another direction (quick release)
Sponsored

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It was rock solid at high speed. No issues at 135mph. My kid stood on it with no issues 🤣

I lost mine when it dug in a bad section of blacktop (stinking tree roots)

PXL_20230820_221511700.jpg

I picked up a replacement section for it, but I'm thinking of going in another direction (quick release)
Haha, thanks for getting back, but damn that sucks. Tho badass to hear about the hardiness of it. Was that originally installed with whatever hardware they supplied you with?? And I keep hearing this quick release business regarding front splitters. Is that what it sounds like, a quick way to pop off your aero?

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haha, thanks for getting back, but damn that sucks. Tho badass to hear about the hardiness of it. Was that originally installed with whatever hardware they supplied you with?? And I keep hearing this quick release business regarding front splitters. Is that what it sounds like, a quick way to pop off your aero?

Super sturdy with original hardware

Quick release is exactly that. Easy to remove and will break off if something sketch happens on the track. Helps prevent potential serious damage to the car

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
I really want racebred but the $350 shipping kills it. On the lookout for a locally used.

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really want racebred but the $350 shipping kills it. On the lookout for a locally used.
Ouch

I never saw that shipping.

I thought about using their brackets. Instead I'm waiting for Wunderladen to do the mounting adapter for the Professional Awesome kit and making my own splitter from plywood

JustAHatchback

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7 Sport 6MT
Country flag
Ouch

I never saw that shipping.

I thought about using their brackets. Instead I'm waiting for Wunderladen to do the mounting adapter for the Professional Awesome kit and making my own splitter from plywood
Those Professional Awesome brackets are sweet, I just don't like how you need to use splitter rods in addition. I plan on using the BattleAero brackets (for the FK7) and having some 6mm ACM CNC cut to shape.

I currently have the Aeroflow splitter, but it is destroying my bumper due to all of the added weight. At one point it ripped the "Sport" lip off of the rest of the bumper and was dragging on the highway going 70mph+... I'm lucky it didn't just rip my entire bumper off, lol. Reinforced it using some punched flat bar to distribute the weight and have been good since, other than my bumper starting to crack on the side mounting clips :(

The splitter also doubles as a log splitter btw:

Honda Civic 10th gen What Front Splitter is everyone running? IMG_6564

Honda Civic 10th gen What Front Splitter is everyone running? IMG_6566

I drove about 3 miles like this lmao

Last edited: