What fog light bulbs for 2016 Touring with LED headlights?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I bought the XML2 and found the 4000 most closely matches. The 5000 was too yellow
That doesn't make sense as the lower the colour temperature, the yellower the light will look.

5000 would have been bluer/whiter than 4000.

That said, a lot of ebay manufacturers just kinda label them whatever they want lol
Sponsored

firemist32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2014 RAM Eco-diesel
That doesn't make sense as the lower the colour temperature, the yellower the light will look.

5000 would have been bluer/whiter than 4000.

That said, a lot of ebay manufacturers just kinda label them whatever they want lol
You are right I went and looked at my box and they are 6000. Sorry

pamboa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Civic LX Coupe
I put in the XML2s and love them! They might be brighter than the low beams but do not appear that way since they are reflected and dispersed in a circular pattern vs the direct focused pattern of the headlights. This is pretty clear on the garage door picture. I originally ordered the bright white 5000K bulbs from Diode Dynamics but was not happy with the somewhat yellow color vs the stock headlight color which must be ~6250 K. They allowed me to return them and get the Cool White 6000K version here http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/led-bulbs/listed-by-size/h8/h8-xml2-pair They match very closely and the output at night is fantastic. Here is a good shot of the car with the 6000K fogs (note the light color has not been photoshopped on any bulb)
2016_Civic-1.jpg

Here is a shot of the 5000K installed against the garage for pattern/ color comparison
IMG_8273.JPG
Can you get a picture of them on the road? They look amazing!

aggieg33k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
These are the LED fogs I got from amazon - they were about a 5-10min job and super easy to do. They are a near perfect match to the factory LED headlights on the touring. http://amzn.to/2dkvlJU
Sponsored