What features do you like best about your Civic?

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Absouute favourite feature is the 6MT, also like having a “H” on the bumper and steering. Lanewatch is cool too
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
PRO: Even though lots of other cars have this feature, the back up camera is my favorite upgrade. My last car was the 02 Civic SI with 5% tint all around, so reversing at night included a prayer every time since I could not see anything at all. Now with a rear camera, I have no worries at all so I have become an atheist.
hehe @ "I have become an atheist"...

I've only owned hatchbacks, and I like how the rear window is basically the same location as the rear of the car. I don't like reversing in sedans at all anymore. The rear camera, and especially the "Dynamic Guidelines" in the upper Civic trims, is fantastic. I reverse into parking spots all the time now (plus it's safer to go forwards out of a spot, too).

Other things I like:
- the entire Honda Sensing suite
- the paddle-shift CVT (yes, I like the CVT; and IMO, it's what the internal combustion engine always needed)
- the pull handles integrated into the hatch's rear panel (just like my EP3, but now there's two handles)
- all those cupholders
- the spot in the console next to my right knee that exactly fits my sunglasses case
- CarPlay (no, not strictly a Honda feature, but they chose to add it, unlike Toyota)
- dedicated defrost vents for the side windows (a longtime Honda standard)
- the sun visor that tips far enough forward to not block my vision (you'd be surprised how many manufacturers get this wrong)
- LED headlight array
- the fact I can set the auto headlights and auto-dimming dash to different levels
- red dash lighting like my previous two Civics (going back 23 years)

I also like the styling, the size (although I wish it could be smaller... but my wife doesn't like small cars), the engine, the handling (although I haven't had a chance to really push it), the exhaust note (a little something tasty but not annoying), and a whole lot of other Honda-isms that have kept me loyal all these years.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pros: The dash & interior look nicer than my Dodge Charger. Everything is black in the Charger. The Civic in mostly black, but the headliner & pillars are light colored which makes the cabin look brighter. And the dash has nicer trim.

Cons: The only interior color choice was black. No “real” power passenger seats available. The power passenger seat on the top of the line Touring model only moves forward & backward, there is no height or tilt adjustment. So I bought the next level down.
Coworker has a '16 Charger. Paid like $32k for it, has next to no options and the interior's falling apart at 60k. The Charger's black interior is...spartan, at best, just a huge swath of black everywhere. Which brings me to two strengths of the Civic, and that's interior design and quality. I'm in year 4 of ownership, and besides a small headliner rattle, the interior's still tight and has no signs of wear anywhere. You get shafted with the black interior, but the ivory brings a warm contrasting two-tone interior throughout. The passenger seat in the Touring does have power tilt, but yeah height and lumbar adjustment would have been appreciated. I've had a lot of passengers said they felt like they're too low in the car.

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Coworker has a '16 Charger. Paid like $32k for it, has next to no options and the interior's falling apart at 60k. The Charger's black interior is...spartan, at best, just a huge swath of black everywhere. Which brings me to two strengths of the Civic, and that's interior design and quality. I'm in year 4 of ownership, and besides a small headliner rattle, the interior's still tight and has no signs of wear anywhere. You get shafted with the black interior, but the ivory brings a warm contrasting two-tone interior throughout. The passenger seat in the Touring does have power tilt, but yeah height and lumbar adjustment would have been appreciated. I've had a lot of passengers said they felt like they're too low in the car.
The Charger seriously needs an interior update. I rode in an SRT (I think...so many different versions of American muscle cars. I'm not well-versed) that had some lovely stitched red leather and a glorious exhaust note, but the rest of the interior was not good.

Totally agree that the Civic's interior outclasses some more expensive cars. There are parts I do not like - my back seat is almost entirely hard plastic and they cheaped out on the rear seat "bolstering," the area that should be padded but instead is hard plastic. Admittedly other 20-30k cars have this too and I love my front seats and interior design so much, it makes up for the shortcomings.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pros:
Heated seats
Remote start
Android auto
Interior styling
Roominess
Great gas mileage
Has a lot of pep
Keyless entry
Exterior styling
Hands free link
Heated seats
Cons:
Cheap glass
Cheap paint
Interior cloth
Remote start features( heated seats, defrosters, and mirrors, a.c., etc) work whenever they feel like it
Auto climate control- a terrible waste
Touchscreen control of most everything.

OP
OP
kg4fxg

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
Some features stand out more than others. I remember the first car that I got and it had heated leather seats. Love that feature. On this car two really stand out. Power Front seat and auto dimming headlights. I have always been afraid to use the high beams, or if I did I kept my hand ready to turn them off if a car approached. Fear of forgetting I had them on. Having automatic brights I can see so much better and no worries as it is accurate, so for no need to manually override as it does what it is intended to do. The LKAS is nice. But the adaptive cruise is killer. Love that as well.

So if I ever get another car....
Power Seats
Auto High Beams
Adaptive Cruise Control

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
weird thing to like but am beyond impressed with how reasonabley priced oem parts are for this car. axles, various interior plastic pieces etc, fraction of the cost compared to toyota. thumbs up honda for keeping replcaement parts affordable. also really like not having tpms sensors on the wheels, makes life much easier

Last edited:

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
The Touring's power passenger seat had power tilt for the seat back. What I wanted was power tilt for the lower seat cushion which is typically what power seats include. A lot of cars do not have sufficient thigh support & adjusting the angle of the seat cushion helps a bit.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I have a ext coupe theres to much to list that I like about the car the handling and performance is the most
Can’t forget great fuel mileage too

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Nicest Civic I've ever owned (although remembering my 1991 CRX SI still brings a smile, can only imagine a CRX Touring!)
Couple of things I really don't ever want to be without:
Auto-dimming rearview mirror (Really like this!!)
Heated seats & mirrors
Predictive follow cruise control
Turn signals in the mirrors

Things I'd prefer:
I'd trade the lanewatch camera for blindspot detection
Adjustable lumbar support
Darker factory tint on side & rear glass (tinting in Pa is a legal nightmare)
Speed limit detection in the speedometer (like the Accord)

Really glad Honda still makes a Civic Coupe :)

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Exterior Styling, Overall Interior design and style, Backup Camera, Brake hold and sport mode that actually makes a difference. Hated: Cheap trunk board

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Brake hold. I work a job where I stand up all day. I have long legs. After a day's work, it's great to be able to stretch my legs out at a light and not have to hold the brake pedal down. Really cool feature, IMO.

flashcash

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Adaptive Cruise Control. I don't think I'd buy another car without it. I have the car three days now and have already driven in pretty bad traffic in NY, CT and MA. What a pleasure it was with the ACC engaged.
Sponsored